Topic: Wheel Request from Yokohama, East Coast Teams

Hey everyone,

Yokohama is bringing a team out to MSR from the East Coast with a heavier GM car and it turns out that Yokohama does not have some grand "in" with a wheel manufacturer. Weird.

Anyway, the team is looking for some 5x4.5" pattern wheels in 17x7 or 17x8 with 3" backspacing. I honestly don't know where on the East Coast the team is located, but I think Virginia or something (and obviously most people that way are a little occupied at the moment). I'm waiting on those details, but if you have a line on some wheels like that, I'm sure Yokohama can find something to trade you of value.

Basically, shoot me a note if you have a stash of 17" wheels for your CAMERO or Regal laying around that you don't need.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Wheel Request from Yokohama, East Coast Teams

Let me check, I might have something available and we happen to be entered into the MSR event.  We are a local team though if they dont mind waiting to trade.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

FYI, I now work for a company owned by LKQ that re-manufactures wheels, if there is a more specific wheel they are looking for I can get it at cost plus 10% just saying.

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

stangman4ever wrote:

FYI, I now work for a company owned by LKQ that re-manufactures wheels, if there is a more specific wheel they are looking for I can get it at cost plus 10% just saying.

I will probably shoot you a note.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

5 (edited by ross2004 2018-09-14 06:26 AM)

Are you really looking for 5x4.5, or the GM-typical 5x4.75"?

therood wrote:
stangman4ever wrote:

I will probably shoot you a note.

Ill be looking for it.

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

My friend has a early 2000's (I think) monte carlo that he's been "working on" for years that's sitting in my garage. If the wheels work, I could be convinced to put it on cinder blocks...

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

8 (edited by MDG 2018-09-15 06:28 AM)

Everyone knows 245 Rival on 15x10 is the fastest option. It's too bad there's not a Yokohama equivalent sad

ross2004 wrote:

Are you really looking for 5x4.5, or the GM-typical 5x4.75"?

Just kidding, they are looking for 5x4.75. I was working off secondhand info.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

So after talking with guys on this Build over the Phone. they are looking for wheels in 17: diameter with a 3" back space. I have went through our inventory here at work and it does not seem that Gm made any wheels in 17" with a 4.75 bolt pattern and 3" of back space. I can help them if we they could run a 16" wheel, but they want a wider tire than Yokohama offers in 16". the build is being conducted in Maryland. does anyone out there have any wheels that they think will work? I have also offered to send the 1-2" spacers if needed to meet the requirement. the spacing is an issue because they hit the frame up front with steering articulation.

There's some irony to the fact we've changed wheels several times over the years to accommodate changing tire availability. You'd think I tire company could solve this problem in-house.

We went to some Yokohama tire conference at a local tire shop back in 2008 before our first Lemons race and asked about 200 treadwear tires. They didn't have any back then. Now they are a sponsor and still don't have much if any 200 treadwear tires.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Deathwheel has a set of stock AL rims from a '00 Firebird - but they are 16". If they change their mind, we will be at MSR - wouldn't be a problem to throw them in back of truck.

Team - Deathwheel Motorsports
'92 Mazda B2000 Napa Neaux How truck

Located in NJ, but I have some 4th Gen -Body rims 16" if they are interested.  Honestly, those are really cheap on CL and local F-Body pages like free-$50 each if in great shape.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

SS/ZR1 are probably close.  17x9 or 9 1/2

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!