Topic: Hithchiker's Guide to Lemons Rally

I'm considering a different approach to the Route Sucky-Suck Rally that puts me "in the shit," so to speak. That is, I want to follow Stefan Lombard's example from the very first Lemons Rally and ride along with you idiots, one car at a time. That lets me tell the stories that you fools undertake better by showing how stupid you are, rather than just telling everyone about it.

So what I really want to know is:

- Is anybody interested in carting my ass around for a day (or part of a day)?
- Do you have room for me (plus a carry-on-sized suitcase, a backpack, and a camera bag) for a day?*
- Do you plan to convoy/carvan with anyone else on the rally? That's a major sell because—so long as everyone is cool with it—it allows me to jump into a couple more cars.

That's pretty much it. If I have10ish teams (accounting for attrition) interested that have room, I'll probably go ahead with this plan. And I'll make you all (in)famous. Or as much as you can be from a Lemons Rally.

Eric Rood
Lemons Media Douche

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Hithchiker's Guide to Lemons Rally

https://media.giphy.com/media/NGSbD5vI6lUvC/giphy.gif

You can hop on with me if the car has passenger seats. But I’ll be solo so not really much of a story. Unless I end up moving that teams RX-7 across the country. Which I’m surre will at least will involve new and innovative swears.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Also the article better say more than “Mostly Harmless” when it’s published.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

What could possibly go wrong?

https://d32c3oe4bky4k6.cloudfront.net/articles-videos/-/media/uscamediasite/images/story-images/2016/9/lemonsrally-mid-16.ashx?la=en&modified=20170726005753&hash=9329CB666489B06EEA8D5EB290AB68B4CCA5BED0

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, Route Sucky Suck, etc.

Team kuhlyq can take any day of trip. As long as we're up an running. Don't care to be famous tho. But I do I have a very good looking face. Lol.

If Team Dee Oh Gee can get a car up and running in time you are more than welcome to tag along. We will more than likely have a dog with us just in case there is another Waffle House waffle eating contest.

8 (edited by mharrell 2018-08-13 11:50 AM)

Sure, why not? There's a fair chance the car will be ready as soon as I finish working on the abomination that passes itself off as its transmission.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/937/43031307844_ae49b4f3b2.jpg

Edit: Oops, wrong rally. I should probably have read that a bit more closely.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

My copilot just bailed on me so I should have an available seat in my 1991 Mercury Capri Convertible. I plan on picking up a buddy when/if it makes it through Oklahoma City and he'll be riding as far as Vegas. You're welcome to join me at some point along the trail.

Travis
Team Crapi Capri
90324446655 mobile

Let Paul Andi see how much room we have left in General Roscoe after we play Tool Tetris.  If so you are welcome to ride with us as long as you stand it. Team name is One's Fast and One's Furious.

11 (edited by Duder 2018-10-13 01:22 PM)

Hey Eric, you are more than welcome to tag along with Michele and me in the Roadmonster. I think our very loose plan is to caravan with at least two other Roadmaster Estates for at least some of the rally. How's that for noncommittal? We will have plenty of room in the 8-passenger wagon with only two people and a few bags.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PeHTwD95UPI/WmhALeYAxAI/AAAAAAAAdHU/NDbNGQMIUwwEa9kqqLUrk7wpv37ATkN2wCLcBGAs/s640/IMG_6621.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S_LTi8q1c78/WmhEVyc6mDI/AAAAAAAAdH4/sZVI4QgGh5kr2vquMCVtwbm8K0uGcPJpwCLcBGAs/s640/Roadmonster_gate.gif

-Chris
El Dorado E36 Lemons Camper @blackironracing
Viccup (P71 x F250) GRM build thread
Volvos & Roadmaster @cflodailyturismo  CFloMoTo

Make Eric ride Tailgunner!!

Guildenstern wrote:

Make Eric ride Tailgunner!!

He would be able to get some sweet rolling shots of the other cars back there. I've heard from Hollywood camera types that the Roadmaster/Caprice wagons are sought after by film crews because it's one of the few vehicles that legally allow them to ride back there facing backwards to shoot.

-Chris
El Dorado E36 Lemons Camper @blackironracing
Viccup (P71 x F250) GRM build thread
Volvos & Roadmaster @cflodailyturismo  CFloMoTo

Eric we have room for you to ride with us! Let us know when you are ready. Don't be surprised if Paul asks you to dress like daisy, he's funny like that.......