Topic: Busted

Looks like the boys used some Universal Music Group owned music in their video and the copyright police shut them down:
http://i.imgur.com/axMrDwxl.jpg

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

2 (edited by MZAVARIN 2018-09-25 07:14 PM)

Re: Busted

you gotta be kidding...!
And I think it was Bob Segar, & Co. 
For using his song: Like a rock...
Seriously??  Like Lemons made any money off that song...in their Wrap Up video.??!!
And supposedly he has a concert tour coming up....
Man, he owes us...maybe he could play at one of the races to make up for this....

Actually, I saw the initial Wrap up video...but I bet the revised version Nick and Jay will make will be even better....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Uh oh. They're probably going to come after that bootleg Maxell cassette tape I made of that song from the radio when I was 11.

Bob Seager - initials "B.S.". Coincidence?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

You know it's the publisher not the artist that both Owns the rights and does the take down stuff right?

And sadly this falls perfectly into Parody, but YouTube are dicks.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

They (Youtube) did the same thing to a video some of my students put up years ago when the "owner" claimed a violation. It's all done with recognition software now. I just had to dispute it and clarify it was fair use under education purposes. They turned it back on after that.

I imagine HQ could do the same and claim fair use: parody, but it is a better story if they just make a cover version of it.

Yea, this is all just recognition algorithms, and they aren't perfect or consistent. In NJ during a red flag my driver turned on the radio to entertain themselves while our live stream was going out through youtube. The algorithm picked up on the song (Major tom) and shut down the stream. But at CT during some horrible yellows I had the inspector gadget car behind me blasting pop music (which was clearly heard on the live stream), and nothing happened.

They're turning it into something funny, could have even been on purpose.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I was wondering, too, if it could have picked up on the Adam Sandler "P.O.S. Car" song.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

DMCA, more like Damn Sea of Problems.

"DMCA, more like Damn Sea of Problems."

Yup, I'm going to refer it to that definition from now on.