Topic: Older Lemon needs to circulate at Gingerman Oct 13-14

Hello, I'm back. My (alleged) team has not been able to get it together since last year's Bowling Green race. I would like to drive around a race track, accruing laps, but ultimately going nowhere, so that I can say I did race this season. By 'race' I mean circulate uneventfully for a few hours.

My first 24HL race was Toledo 2008. Holy Carp, that makes this my 10th Anniversary race!
I've driven 24hr races at Toledo, NL, VIR autobahn. Done too many to count (actually don't want to count) of the regular 24HL, CC, AER weekends at GM, WGI, SP, NJMP. Past rides include: Mk2 GTI, 200SX, E34, Monza, LeSabre... Pretty much any shiitee box will do. I am a professional wrench and will do what needs to be done to band-aid the car together to finish the race. But I turn wrenches 50 hours a week and would rather not do it at the track. A well prepared car is a thing of beauty to me.

I have current safety gear, except for a HANS. We've been sharing a couple among our team. Hoping to make a similar share/rent/borrow arrangent.

TLDR: Experienced 24HL driver/wrench looking for a seat at the Gingerman race, Oct. 12-14.
Please email details to my forum ID at Gmail dot com.
Thanks!

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP. NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB,16GM, 17NCM

Re: Older Lemon needs to circulate at Gingerman Oct 13-14

Jim is a great guy, one of you mooks should scoop him up..

Silent But Deadly Racing- Chief cook and bottle washer, Former Flyin Turd Race Team Captain 
Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie
Besmirching race tracks in the Eastern US since 2001

Waiting on confirmation but how would you like to pilot this around a race track.  It is still totally stock...promise.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/KVIMPfZjHTgaNz42o1Ibpj-VgnQqC6QHaF15bGhz3qLX9eg6npvdWOxOnW2sTLnPg0bC0-3QvakJHosh2rlePCQJocn7eIPXsLZQhydmxlv9o_5iWyPdekkgIAU3YPHtHsyeaSTL7-YXCErrPqyKm3KWSwtcxerRct4vRkagMEcwvQSIFvVMu78OMviuvM6ki2lPZaiXaDyYWtjZuyN1gtyW-bYxeLZIvRc0jKo5_f8tLUNEzlC1aoWhNxpsX48ijR92VhM6btn-OitV3nhwVAysLrIWIqSUrlgMLN-juwvkEZlDRQpcKjUgpGojPddYHRTWxAGUuwNz85ZuTBVUZvtuA2EEvF1sgotXc1YvPsl2q6owHtjkcAEPqdRdB8iYFP72FqSuVEp7x5UoHk-ffOLyxZFzMQNMCYPoD86JQnD4fIe7EvMIdBrvNYa0mJ8tGpDomK6cxtOR0RPrjAaehgmgqoQiVV30r423aCcov3V5capJQtsFXgemlPQGRwyhWPxahDNTwHCp_VO-QOA2ljmOrLCVu1wKNXd0sXmOTcAR04y-GDBoFS-NJe4gbb3B59Z0szzOXDMa6d4mublCw-e2xZwRNw77WZFIkar8bh3BMgQprBm5lKUuFpoyrms=w438-h656-no

PM me if interested.  Runs about $650 and includes almost everything including potential poor decisions.

4 (edited by OnkelUdo 2018-09-26 04:39 PM)

Shit, got confirmation as I hit the go button...come join Bad Decisions racing.  Eat our food.  Drink our beer.  Maybe drive a post-war Plymouth on the track and it is still TOTALLY stock.

Edit:  That also include Test and Tune on Friday...at least a little timein our janky car is required on Friday to race on Saturday.

This would be a new low in my driving 'career.' wink

So yeah, sign me up!
Sending email...

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP. NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB,16GM, 17NCM

This is a great match.  Have fun!

Silent But Deadly Racing- Chief cook and bottle washer, Former Flyin Turd Race Team Captain 
Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie
Besmirching race tracks in the Eastern US since 2001