Topic: Yokohama Confusion

At Buttonwillow the Yokohama rep told me that the Advan Neova AD08 R (man that's a mouthful) was a 200 treadwear tire but Tirerack lists it as 180 treadwear. 
Who is telling the truth? 
Are they any good? 
Is Lemons allowing use of cheater tires from their sponsor?

They are on sale in my size right now.

Re: Yokohama Confusion

The sidewall is telling the only truth that matters.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I believe this is an instance where the manufacturer changed their rating on the tire without changing the tire compound at all.

The tires are the same regardless of what they say on the sidewall, but the official rule from Lemons is that they will not let you run the ones that say 180 regardless. What Tire Rack and others are advertising as 180 is likely older stock.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

Current specs here shows them all 200.

https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/advan-neova-ad08r

Probably worth a call to tire rack to confirm they don’t have older stock.

Echoing the above, what is stamped on the tire is what matters. If you have old stock that say 180 it doesn't matter that new ones have 200, yours aren't allowed. Call tire rack and confirm what they'll ship you, if it's 180, don't buy them.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

We ran them on the front of the RSX for the spring/summer race at Gingerman, 2 track days, an autocross event, and the same tires on a 2015 Mustang at a USCA event at NCM...they barely show wear. That's almost a bad thing maybe? We seem to lay down decent times with them but I think I like my RS4's better.

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

They did recommend them for Inde when I talked to them last weekend.

That guy

I figured it was somethign like that.  Tire wear ratings are silly. 

That Yokohama rep I was talking to saturday showed me both of their 200 TW tire models.  He said that this tire will probably last you a few races and this other one is much stickier but it'll last one race at best.  Hmm so I'm thinking they relabeled their 180TW and their R compound tire both at 200.  Iffin you have the money to drop on two sets of tires in a weekend you have a huge competitive advantage and if you are the rest of us you get passed in Riverside like you were standing still.  Oh well.