Topic: Showing up late to Gingerman Thursday night.

Just curious if they lock the gates?  Last time I went we got in around 1am and drove right in. 

I called and made a reservation and she said they lock the gates at 11:00?

2018 Where the Elite Meet to Cheat - Organizer's Choice Award
2019 Rust Belt GP - Spirit of Entropy Award
2019 The Tony Swan Never-Say-Die Memorial - Index of Effluency Award
2020 The Tony Swan Never-Say-Die Memorial - Class C Lap Winner

Re: Showing up late to Gingerman Thursday night.

Yeah, they do lock the gates and the 11 PM is moderately firm.  Getting a human in after hours (leaving vehicles outside) is often possible but not adviseable unless you literally get stuck out there after running an errand.

If you get stuck and know it by 10 PM, the Jellystone cabins 1 mile down the road are nice, have endless hotwater and very reasonable.  They will do a late check in but in past years you had to have a reservation or have contacted them by 10.

Jellystone has gotten really annoying for racers. Limits on entry times, limits on cars. We stopped going there. Might still work in a pinch though.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

If you get there after the gates close, don't take the gates off the hinges to get in.  They don't like that.

rlchv70 wrote:

If you get there after the gates close, don't take the gates off the hinges to get in.  They don't like that.

Understandable. But... You have a line of people, driving trucks filled with tools, who paid good money to get on the other side of that gate, what do you think will transpire?  smile smile

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Type44 wrote:
rlchv70 wrote:

Understandable. But... You have a line of people, driving trucks filled with tools, who paid good money to get on the other side of that gate, what do you think will transpire?  smile smile

Park on the side of the entry road and wait for them to open in the morning? Honestly, most teams either make it there earlier during the day or wait to get there on Friday. It's only the night owls and people who always forget about the time zone change (me) that get there after the gate closes.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.