1 (edited by briangomez 2018-10-15 10:50 AM)

Topic: Friday Night Meetup RT 66 rally

Where are we meeting Friday night before the start?

I should be pulling in sometime mid-afternoon if the suBurban makes it that far! Anyone else bringing a dog?

Brian and Leia (the dog)
1985 Cho Choo Customs Blue Suburban
#OneLapForDogs
instagram: LincolnHighwayMini

Brian Gomez
2018 Great Lakes Mistake Dune Buggy Thing - 2018 Retreat from Moscow: 1979 Lemons Chevette - 2017 Retreat from Moscow: 1978 Ford Fairmont Futura - 2016 Hell On Wheels Car Weeeeeaaaaaaaakkkk: 2003 Pontiac Aztek Breaking Bad!

2 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-10-15 12:51 PM)

Re: Friday Night Meetup RT 66 rally

I'll be getting in to the Clarion Joliet Around 3 hours after I think I'll be there (as is the standard for me) So probably early evening.

I'm guessing everyone is staying in the Joliet Area?

Or are some people doing the full run and starting in downtown Chicago before driving down to Joliet for the Registration?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I'd bet some money that the organizers will set the beginning sign as a checkpoint for day one! They are crazy enough for that! What say Steve and The Rood? Where you guys staying?

Brian Gomez
2018 Great Lakes Mistake Dune Buggy Thing - 2018 Retreat from Moscow: 1979 Lemons Chevette - 2017 Retreat from Moscow: 1978 Ford Fairmont Futura - 2016 Hell On Wheels Car Weeeeeaaaaaaaakkkk: 2003 Pontiac Aztek Breaking Bad!

Guildenstern wrote:

Or are some people doing the full run and starting in downtown Chicago before driving down to Joliet for the Registration?

That's our plan

We are down for a meet up.  If things hold together, we will be there early afternoon. Let us know where the party is.

I am down for a Meetup, we should be cruising in late afternoon barring catastrophe between California and Chicago

1961 Bel-air

briangomez wrote:

I'd bet some money that the organizers will set the beginning sign as a checkpoint for day one! They are crazy enough for that! What say Steve and The Rood? Where you guys staying?

Rood lives in the Chicago area so he's probably staying at home.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

8 (edited by brattesani 2018-10-20 10:16 PM)

I think Brian is right, and a safe bet would be checkpoint 1 is the beginning sign in front of the Art Institute, and the last checkpoint is the end sign on the Santa Monica pier.

-zep

briangomez wrote:

I'd bet some money that the organizers will set the beginning sign as a checkpoint for day one! They are crazy enough for that!

I just had a look at the mileage for day 1. The Lemons site says day 1 is about 350 miles. It's barely 300 from Joliet to O'Fallon, IL, but it would be 350 if you went via Jackson/Lake Shore Dr. I think we're going to just go to Autobahn in the morning and count on the first checkpoint being in the loop.

God the traffic. even 30 cars all trying to stop at the art museum to take a picture.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport