Re: Multiple car teams - why?

ninjacoco wrote:

Spank--if you're doing MSR-H, I may start sending folks your way.

At this point, I'm not. I may have learned my lesson after the last 2 suffer-fests w/ the America in Tx.

It's still a long ways off and I could somehow suffer from amnesia before then, however. But even still, it's not my car or team and I'm just an invited driver.

Heh, but this is Lemons.

I don't learn lessons. I am lessons.

Another reason is championship points... There are regional championships and you get static points per car entry for your team(as a whole) and additional points if cars actually finish well. That means if you have 3-4 cars(even if they do terrible every time)and you get into let's say all 3 CA races in the season you pretty much are guaranteed a free spot in the final race of the year, which for the last 2 years has been in CA as well. Saves a huge amount of money to get 3-4 cars into a race for free smile

5 time winner, many time loser
#920 Risky Whiskey Racing
www.facebook.com/RiskyWhiskeyRacing

We ended up with multiple cars because we wanted them.  We had the Civic and 4 drivers and after copious amounts of rum decided that we had to put a boat on a truck and race that, so we did, to amuse ourselves.  We had some friends join us and picked up a few new drivers who wanted to do it again.  So we did.  And then some of them decided to make their own car to race with us, so they did, and we picked up more people.  And then one of them wanted to make his own car, so he did.  So we picked up more people.  Then built another crazy car because we thought it would be fun, and the cycle continues.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

stupenduzzman wrote:

Another reason is championship points... There are regional championships and you get static points per car entry for your team(as a whole) and additional points if cars actually finish well. That means if you have 3-4 cars(even if they do terrible every time)and you get into let's say all 3 CA races in the season you pretty much are guaranteed a free spot in the final race of the year, which for the last 2 years has been in CA as well. Saves a huge amount of money to get 3-4 cars into a race for free smile

We won a region championship, and got exactly nothing for it, so I made a banner for the shop.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

We did it because we're idiots who love the torture.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

First car burned up.  Second car met the wall.  third car still running.  4th car,hopefully running.  After 3 years, still trying to get #1 back together so i can sell #3.

i'm sorry, what was the question?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Another good thing about multi-car teams is on track teamwork and rivalry.

Sometimes you can use each other to pick your way through a train of cars or you have someone to play cat and mouse with during the thinner sessions.

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

LowFlyin wrote:

Another good thing about multi-car teams is on track teamwork and rivalry.

Sometimes you can use each other to pick your way through a train of cars or you have someone to play cat and mouse with during the thinner sessions.

We do it to share people, tools, expertise, etc.  It's too time consuming, expensive, hard, to do it alone if you're not a trained car guy.  The IT guys among us (andi it seems that there are lots in Lemons) need help so we pool our resources.

And it's really fun to pass your teammates and wave as you go by.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

chadadams59 wrote:

And it's really fun to pass your teammates and wave as you go by.

I try to put all the cars on the same radio frequency.  I have British and Japanese cars.  Open game on WWII jingoistic references upon passing your teammate.  Please don't listen to our radios.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

I have a last min spot open for the Nov 3-4 race at CMP.   I have a two car team and you will be driving both cars. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

ninjacoco wrote:
swindrum wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

I have more interested drivers than spots I can reasonably assign to the 944. This multi-car thing is tempting.

It's almost bad enough to make me want the K. Who am I kidding? I would totally be up for fabulousifying the K. That way, it'll at least sparkle when it breaks.

We could probably hook you up with leftover pink paint...  :enabler:

cdickman12 wrote:

Here's a kilo of pink glitter to get your sparkly on;

http://www.glitterpackaging.com/sell-pi … 01969.html

You guys ARE enablers! Hahahaha.

Spank--if you're doing MSR-H, I may start sending folks your way.

I think this you can paint over any color to make it glittery.  no you aren't struck with a single color of glitter.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-32386 … &psc=1

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page