Topic: Nexen SUR4G v. Rival S v. NT05 v. Ecsta v720 v. Federal 595 RS-R v R1R

Due to RS4's not being available until spring... AND Falken and Dunlop not making 225/45-15s... we are forced to chose a tire we are totally unfamiliar with. Hoping some peeps have real-world experience with these tire in an endurance application. FWIW, I'm leaning toward the Nexen based simply off of what I have read on the Google machine.
These are our choices:

Nexen SUR4G
Rival
Rival S
Rival S 1.5
NT05
Ecsta v720
Federal 595 RS-R
Toyo R1R

J. Farina
POS Racing
(Spin-N-Out Racing - Current)
(F'ed Up Express - Retired)

Re: Nexen SUR4G v. Rival S v. NT05 v. Ecsta v720 v. Federal 595 RS-R v R1R

We love the V720, wears well, good in the rain, takes heat well.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Can you put an hour number on "wears well"? I've read they won't last through a race weekend, but I don't know how reliable those accounts are.

rmcdaniels wrote:

J. Farina
POS Racing
(Spin-N-Out Racing - Current)
(F'ed Up Express - Retired)

Aside from the track itself, there are too many other variables to quantify "wears well."

It would help to have a car description that includes weight, braking ability, basic suspension description, drive axle, and drivers' ability.
Same car with a driver that lights up the tires on corner exit will kill tires faster than one who rolls into the throttle.

We run NT-05's on 2800lb RWD turbo 4, with good brakes & suspension. One driver will get three days of racing from a set. One will want a fresh set every day. I'm somewhere between them.

JiXer wrote:

Can you put an hour number on "wears well"? I've read they won't last through a race weekend, but I don't know how reliable those accounts are.

rmcdaniels wrote:

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater