1 (edited by nimblemotorsports 2018-10-25 12:01 AM)

Topic: New Team in Sacramento

We are looking for one or two people to join us for a new Lemons team, based in Sacramento Area.
There are two of us now, both roadrace newbies. 

I just picked up the old Stupatio MX3, so have a car pretty much ready
to race, but I have a few other lemon project cars.

I've built a lot of cars, starting with a toyota drivetrain swap into a 58 Ford Anglia 30 years ago when I was 18 years old.
My current project is a mid-engine Audi v8 into a 67 Corvair.  I've also built an Electric Fiero, and have a fully custom 3-wheel EV,
and a custom 71 MG Midget with Suzuki 1.0L drivetrain.
I've also built the hardware and software for an EFI used on my 1959 Case Tractor, which was featured in the show "Pimp My Tractor".
(I'm kidding there is no such show, just a song, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5jI9tqBiN4 )

The other teammate has a backyard full of Mazda rotary cars, Cosmo, Rx7s, etc.

I also have a twin-turbo 12A, and are giving some thought to put it in the MX3, since any good mazda has a rotary engine.

We might even try to get into the dec 2 sonoma race (with the V6).

Send forum email for more.

Re: New Team in Sacramento

Sounds like you have a good thing going! Probably shouldn't have a hard time finding guys. Being a rotary junkie i would love to help out but i live in PA. I just finished a 93 RX-7 street car project and am now working on a 91 CRX Lemons car. maybe oneway we will hall it down for a CA race.

3 (edited by conemotorsports 2018-10-29 10:09 AM)

Hello there local race enthusiasts.

I am always looking to help people getting into racing.   I am just north east of you in the small town of Loomis and teach quite a bit of road racing, and have a small shop at Thunderhill.  If you want some driver coaching, or advice, or really anything you think you might want help with just let me know. 

JC

I fairly new and although not looking for a team I would be excited to drive with you in December if you are keen for an A&D.
I am racing with another team already on the same day but could manage to drive both cars as long as we could agree on a schedule. Probbaly only doing one stint on Saturday and one on Sunday if the car survives.
I raced last year at Arse Freeze and have had a couple track days before and since. Last year was my first race ever and was the most exciting thing I have ever done and am completely hooked.I am also building a track/race truck.
reach out here if you like or contact me at jasonrosimms@gmail.com

To give an update, we have 1 new member, and we have decided not to run the dec 2 Lemons race, and instead
are going to do a track day and get some experience and shake down the mx3.  Yeah I know, wtf why not be 'that guy' in Lemons who doesn't belong on the track in a car spewing fluids everywhere, but for once I've taken the advice from more experienced people..

And btw, I scored a set of G-force Rival S for the mx3, again, listening to advice about not buying cheap-ass tires, but you gotta
admit a tire from "MayRun" seems perfect for Lemons racing.  This can't keep going, I am sure tol do something really stupiid and ill-advised.

We do plan to run the March race.