Re: I bought a Rolls Royce and want to build it.

Check out the S550 current gen. Mustangs. The rear suspension/diff assembly is mounted to a handy subframe that I am sure could be fabbed to mount into whatever. I was looking at one for using in an F100 pickup with the Crown Vic front suspension, actually. Could drop whole subframe and boom, suspension is done. Get some better rear springs/coil adjusters and be done.

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

Also seems easy enough to find a mustang 8.8" solid axle for cheap, and it would come with disc brakes.  It might hold up to the power ok... maybe.

IRS would be cool though, C5 corvette complete rear suspension dropouts are cheap now, just need to figure out a diff.

Petrosexual Racing - 4.9 HT swap/Trashback Miata
https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=35746
BFE GP '18 - 1st in C, High Plains Drifter -19 - 1st in B/Overall
Uh oh, Spaghettios...

Porsche 928 has IRS. Just sayin.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Bought this at auction today.  Never machined before, time to learn!

https://i.imgur.com/bTrQahY.jpg

2018 Where the Elite Meet to Cheat - Organizer's Choice Award
2019 Rust Belt GP - Spirit of Entropy Award
2019 The Tony Swan Never-Say-Die Memorial - Index of Effluency Award
2020 The Tony Swan Never-Say-Die Memorial - Class C Lap Winner

Nice. Tons of good youtube stuff to get you started these days. Take the time to set it all up correctly. Tram everything, get it all square, you'll hate yourself if you don't. Before long you'll be looking for a CNC mill.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Fishah wrote:

Porsche 928 has IRS. Just sayin.

I have 2 of them for sale...one runs and drives, the other is more suited to parts bin status.

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

607 (edited by darkostoj 2018-10-30 11:56 AM)

TheEngineer wrote:

Nice. Tons of good youtube stuff to get you started these days. Take the time to set it all up correctly. Tram everything, get it all square, you'll hate yourself if you don't. Before long you'll be looking for a CNC mill.

There was a Haas CNC at the same auction and I was trying real hard to get it, but I don't know enough about them so I decided to start small with the Bridgeport.

darkostoj wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

There was a Haas CNC at the same auction and I was trying real hard to get it, but I don't know enough about them so I decided to start small with the Bridgeport.

You'll be looking for one soon. CNC mills are awesome, just a bit of a learning curve to them. Channels like NYCCNC are a fantastic learning tool if you want to get into it. Software like fusion 360 is free for home/hobby use and it does CAD (design) and CAM (machine path stuff) all in one software package. Autodesk has great learning tutorials for all those features.

Bridgeport is great to have as well. Tons of quick little jobs that are much faster to do on a manual machine compared to setting it up on a CNC. Fantastic to learn the basics of machining on as well. You're going to have a lot of fun. Level and tram the mill, then buy some halfway decent end mills, not the harbor freight intro kit. Follow basic feed/speed calculators and you'll be fine.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Haas is top of the line CNC stuff.

Better to do as you did and crawl before you run. 

darkostoj wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Things I've heard:

"Don't crowd the endmill."

"Don't cut off more than you are holding on to."

"Cutting fluid is your friend. "

"It is faster to take your time than to make another. "

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

Bought some action shots from the Lemons Smugmug.

https://i.imgur.com/ICe03gX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vanVnqc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9ZRsegP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/azy0sLb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eJ8dbHC.jpg

Damn, she's pretty.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Sounds strange, but can you go to smaller wheels and shorter tires (but keep width)?  Not sure how big the brakes are.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Is a crown Vic 8.8 wide enough?  Either that or a 9" out of an F150.

If you go IRS rear, dont forget cooling.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

For the IRS, why not go back to England and put a Jag rear end in it - inboard brakes for the win! smile

For cooling, I hadn't noticed the 'chin' intake under the bumper.  Extend down and vent under the engine along the underbody?

616 (edited by CPT_Trans_Continental 2018-11-01 03:12 PM)

fleming95 wrote:

For the IRS, why not go back to England and put a Jag rear end in it - inboard brakes for the win! smile

Even I won't go inboard brakes and I love Jags, XJ40 or newer. I think i have an extra set of C7 brake caliper adapters lying around. Actually we run a Lincoln Mark VIII in "Her Majesty".

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Sounds strange, but can you go to smaller wheels and shorter tires (but keep width)?  Not sure how big the brakes are.

It has 20's on it, and I can fit 18's.

I think it has to happen. There are many more 18" tire options available, and if I use the corvette style wheels I can make everything nice and tidy being hub centric.

The tall wheels and tires look really cool, but I think from a performance perspective it's a no brainer.  It has 29" tires right now, and going to a ~26" would help in many ways.

Ok.  That’s what I was going for.   I know not as “epic” looking, but should make life easier.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Ok.  That’s what I was going for.   I know not as “epic” looking, but should make life easier.

Will you guys be at Barber?

Plan to be.  Hopefully with working brakes this time. 

I've got a 18x9.5 on 5x120 +25mm with a 275/35/R18 mounted on it if you want to do some test fitting. Bore center is a 74.1 but you can still use if for mock up.

The Pentastar whisperer

Bayley wrote:

I've got a 18x9.5 on 5x120 +25mm with a 275/35/R18 mounted on it if you want to do some test fitting. Bore center is a 74.1 but you can still use if for mock up.

Thanks for the offer!

I have a few styles of different wheels to test fit. smile

Glad to see that the madness continues...looking forward to what Darko can come up with on the Bridgeport...

Anybody know where I can get these 2 little red horn buttons for this steering wheel?  They mysteriously "walked away" and I've been looking online for the past hour or so with no luck!

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/132520480183_/Sparco-P310-Steering-Wheel-310mm-Black-Suede-Flat.jpg

625 (edited by DirtyDuc 2018-12-14 09:40 PM)

About what size is the hole? I'd just go grab something that fit in the hole and was rated for whatever the draw is from www.digi-key.com. You might even be able to find something weather resistant.

That guy