Topic: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Wondering what it would take to get a Lemons race here?

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.co … race-track

Their full course is over six miles long, and includes replicas of some of the most famous circuits in the country.

#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Wondering if this is the track that Lemons booked in 08 or 09 and then canceled on us a few weeks before the race because some other group was willing to pay more for the track.  If so, not a chance that Jay will book there.  We were kinda excited to get some gambling in with our racing.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

It's in Pahrump.

You can order private massages with bonus add-on features right there at the track.

Only 9.8 miles to the Chicken Ranch or 10 miles even to Sheri's Ranch.

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

In all seriousness, is there any process for requesting tracks?

Or is Cheeseroo correct that Jay went down this path already?

Paging Judge Eric....

#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Spank wrote:

It's in Pahrump.

You can order private massages with bonus add-on features right there at the track.

Only 9.8 miles to the Chicken Ranch or 10 miles even to Sheri's Ranch.

Why do you know that?

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Part of the deal is club members must have use of the track.
When VARA runs there, we give club members a run group.

Super fun track though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSyIT7gfPw

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

jeff@24hoursoflemons is generally the one who screens new tracks.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

8 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-05-24 05:16 PM)

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Blech, that's a Tilke track isn't it?

edit: Survey says: Nope but still no way Lemons would get the full track.
Probably east course based on the other  Dial-A-Track venues layouts.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata.

9 (edited by Fishah 2018-05-24 05:15 PM)

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Guildenstern wrote:

Blech, that's a Tilke track isn't it?

No... Lol.

I think the only Tilke tracks in the USA are COTA and AMP.


--

Thanks I will email Jeff!

#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

I do believe this is the place that changed their willingness to host a Lemons race.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

IIRC Jay was more pissed that they didn't exactly whip out the checkbook to refund his deposit than the very late cancellation. (if that indeed was the place where that happened and my memories from 10 years ago aren't failing me).  Whatever track that was I can say with some certainty that Lemons will never visit there.  There's a country club track in Indio, CA that might be worth poking Jeff about but they could just as likely dismiss it as being like caddy day at Bushwood.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

cheseroo wrote:

There's a country club track in Indio, CA that might be worth poking Jeff about but they could just as likely dismiss it as being like caddy day at Bushwood.

An event at Thermal would be pretty cool, but TeamZoo would love it if Chuckwalla made it back on the list.

Zoo Racing #950 zebra 944.  Org Choice Thunderhill 2018

13 (edited by Type44 2018-11-06 10:46 AM)

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Zoo944 wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

There's a country club track in Indio, CA that might be worth poking Jeff about but they could just as likely dismiss it as being like caddy day at Bushwood.

An event at Thermal would be pretty cool, but TeamZoo would love it if Chuckwalla made it back on the list.

I think they found Chuckwalla unreceptive mgt- wise, (parking issues etc) as well as too far from emergency services. I get the last but that didn't keep me awake at night... It was the impossibility of getting, oh, a jug of ATF or a bag of ice without going on a two-hour banzai run down the 10. Never mind a decent parts store or anything like that. "Bring absolutely every last thing you might need or else" is a hard motto to follow if you're more used to running at Sonoma smile

Yeah, Thermal sounds like fun, actually.

#888-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500: formerly known as OMG Racing #140...
Judges Choice and Regional Award winner! Chuckwalla '12, Buttonwillow '13, BFE GP '15, Miller '14 & '15, Sonoma '13,'14,'15,'17, '18. Inde '16,'17,'18. Other foolishness: Finisher of the inaugural Lemons Rally, in the black Jag.... and IOE in the Super Snipe back in '12.

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Type44 wrote:
Zoo944 wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

There's a country club track in Indio, CA that might be worth poking Jeff about but they could just as likely dismiss it as being like caddy day at Bushwood.

An event at Thermal would be pretty cool, but TeamZoo would love it if Chuckwalla made it back on the list.

I think they found Chuckwalla unreceptive mgt- wise, (parking issues etc) as well as too far from emergency services. I get the last but that didn't keep me awake at night... It was the impossibility of getting, oh, a jug of ATF or a bag of ice without going on a two-hour banzai run down the 10. Never mind a decent parts store or anything like that. "Bring absolutely every last thing you might need or else" is a hard motto to follow if you're more used to running at Sonoma smile

Yeah, Thermal sounds like fun, actually.

I don't think parking is an issue anymore at Chuckwalla.  Some friends rented the track about a year ago and I took a car there.  They had at least tripled the amount of asphalt paddock space and added garages.  I took pictures and sent them to Jay.  I also mentioned that we had to sit around waiting an hour for the track owner to arrive (he lives in Las Vegas and flys into the airport next door).  Jay said something to the effect of "par for the course" so I would guess management is more of an issue.  The owner did recognize my car from the race we did there and mentioned something like "not sure why they didn't come back".

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Forgot to mention that if you absolutely dying to go to Spring Mountain, chump has it on their schedule for next November.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Re: Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch

Utah motorsports campus would be another cool venue for a race.

Zoo Racing #950 zebra 944.  Org Choice Thunderhill 2018