Topic: Glad to be here, Offering a Sponsorship Opportunity!

I'm an avid car lover and I work at a company looking to sponsor a 24 Hours of Lemons team. Nothing crazy, but just looking to cover some costs in exchange for a team to live stream their racing.

If you or your team is interested hit me up!

-Michael

Re: Glad to be here, Offering a Sponsorship Opportunity!

I wouldn’t say no if it involves someone elses data plan and gear.

How good of an actual performance are you looking for because my team is a consistant middle of the standng bunch of schlubs.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

If you provide the gear I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find some team to do it at any race you want.  Heck you could probably show up and teams would do it or free, but you should still pay me.  smile

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I mean, I already do my best to live stream all of our races. It's not flawless, but it's been working ok as long as I can keep the power cables connected to all the equipment.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

BoB wrote:

If you provide the gear I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find some team to do it at any race you want.  Heck you could probably show up and teams would do it or free, but you should still pay me.  smile

That would be my guess too. If you just showed up to a race I am sure you could find a team willing to do it.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

6 (edited by bilcoh 2018-11-09 11:14 AM)

Wow, this is a really savvy group.  <g>

Unsolicited Sponsor - "I've got a product and want you to use it.  I'll pay you."

Lemons Team Owner(s) - "Oh, you don't need to pay anyone, just so long as they don't have to pay you."

Confused Unsolicited Sponsor - <thinking to self> "Um, perhaps this isn't the right series."  <to group> "OK, thanks a bunch."

bilcoh wrote:

Unsolicited Sponsor - "I've got a product and want you to use it.  I'll pay you."

Lemons Team Owner(s) - "Oh, you don't need to pay anyone, just so long as they don't have to pay you."

Confused Unsolicited Sponsor - <thinking to self> "Um, perhaps this isn't the right series."  <to group> "OK, thanks a bunch."

We are in fact a bunch of schlubs.

Now let me tell you about the Lemons Rally.

You ABSOLUTELY want to send me money to livestream a week long roadtrip from the cockpit of an infamous car that's been written about extensively in prestigious magazines like Car & Driver. I have no idea who your audience is, but they'll be AMAZED by my ability to shout at Google Maps, park quasi-legally and oh the laughs generated when I smash my head on the rollcage every time I get in and out.

They'll be wowed when Steve and Rood's carefully planned route sends us into a hole with no cellular signal for 8 hours. Astonished when I use modern technology to sort out the optimal path to hit the checkpoints. Confused when I still end up with a paper map strewn out across the cabin.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Camfrog wrote:

I'm an avid car lover and I work at a company looking to sponsor a 24 Hours of Lemons team. Nothing crazy, but just looking to cover some costs in exchange for a team to live stream their racing.

If you or your team is interested hit me up!

-Michael

Unlike everyone else, I will gladly accept help in covering costs! I don't have any experience streaming but will gladly whore myself & my team. Were on the east coast, running New Jersey to Carolinas, class A & class C cars.

Drop me a line if I can help.

-Pat

interceptor 2 8 1 (at) g mail

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

bilcoh wrote:

If we were savvy with money would we enter a race where the potential prize money is way less than the entry fee let alone costs to run the event.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I think my post was misread. I meant is as I'd love to take on a sponsor, and I already do live streaming so that part of the deal is closer to done.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

11 (edited by CPT_Trans_Continental 2018-11-12 12:02 PM)

We have no cameras and we use a flag to signal the driver to come in. Basically the perfect test group to ensure anyone can use your technology.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

My team will happily do it.  Hell we'll plaster the interior surfaces of our car that are visible to the camera with your logo so the live stream viewer(s) will  have no doubt that you are the $$ behind the stream. 

We will be racing next at the beautiful and exciting Sonoma Raceway at Sears Point in sunny California in early December.  We've never failed tech.  I can guarantee that we will not be contending for a class win or for any other trophy.  We are a B class team that the judges pay almost no attention to.  We hope to be reliable yet again, but we make no guarantees.

I can also guarantee that my team will watch the stream, and my dear old Dad will probably watch some of it too.  That's at least two built-in viewers!

picknpullracing.wordpress.com

ukemike wrote:

picknpullracing.wordpress.com

Hey picknpull racing, we were going to be the pick-n-pull-n-pull-n-pull team.  Guess we won't use that now.   

Regarding the topic, the OP looks like a spammer to me...

Not sure if my PM went through, you'd have to check your spam folder if your email works like mine. I would be glad to get some live streaming capabilities up and running; it's something I've been pretty lacking on. I run an A class car that has always been competitive when it runs right (took me a while to straighten out some chronic issues). We won B class in April finishing 3rd overall. It's getting a fuel cell this winter to further help make it be a truly competitive for the overall win. Please let me know at thehazeishere@gmail.com if my car would be something you would be interested in livestreaming.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

15 (edited by SpaceFrank 2018-11-14 11:54 AM)

Alright moneybags, here's my team's car. Judge Phil called it "legendary." As of last weekend, we actually have another team directly parodying us, so you know we're a big deal.

http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2014-2.jpg

And here's the (abridged) story behind it that has only gotten more amusing in the last two years: http://www.roadkill.com/nasa-engineers- … odge-dart/

We'll be at Barber Motorsports Park in February. We will gladly accept payment for the opportunity to test your hardware in our esteemed racing vehicle. Click that little "Email" link under my username on the left and let's talk!

(that's how you do it, guys)