Topic: Aftermarket Subaru Parts

I have a 2008 Subaru Imprezza 2.5i and guess what it needs a head gasket. I have been looking around for a good aftermarket parts website and I cannot seam to find any sites with a wide selection of parts of the non WRX or STI cars. Anyone know of a good site?

I am basically looking for a FCP Euro or Ipd USA but for Subaru parts.

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

Re: Aftermarket Subaru Parts

Single cam or dual cam? I can't remember when they stopped using the single cam motor.

I've replaced head gaskets on both. My suggestions, stick to subaru parts. Subaru sells a full gasket kit that has everything you need to do head gaskets, literally has every gasket and seal that you'll touch doing that job. Buy that kit, your life will be so much easier. I'll try to find where I bought mine.

Take the motor out of the car. Dual cam cars kind of require it. Single cam cars you can do in the car, but man it just sucks. Like really really sucks. I wish I had pulled the motor when i did the single cam engine.

If you have a dual cam car, you need the cam wrenches, because you have to remove the cams to take the heads off. They're like $50 each and you need two variations. I own them, and could loan them since you're listed as boston area. Trust me, they're worth it over trying and failing other methods.

If you don't already have the factory manual grab it. They're all over the internet, or you can pay subaru for access to their technical site and download it.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

This could be the one, but I can't confirm. Most aftermarket sites seem to only stock the kits for WRX/STI models. But the one you want is similar to this. I would call your local dealer, ask them to look up the kit number for your car, then punch it into google and find the best price on it. Seriously, this is the best kit of parts for the job.

https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-2006-200 … B0767XNDMP

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Try Oakos Automotive.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Thanks guys for suggestions. I was searching for Subaru parts too

I recommend rallitek and importimageracing if you are looking for performance parts.