Topic: Road Atlanta Birthday Celebration - 25th Race

The Toyota PE Motorsports team will be bringing their 1987 Corolla FX to compete in it's 25th Lemons race, next weekend at Road Atlanta.
The car has survived three full 24 hour races, a 14 hour straight race and ran in every weather from 90 degrees and sun to snow and ice....all while being beaten on by more than 50 different drivers over the course of 10 years. We have lost track of how many times the little hatchback has undergone an at race engine swap....but we know it's well more than a half dozen!  Ten years of competition have been hard on the old FX, but despite all the abuse it maintains it's original suspension arms, fuel system, and the same wheels that started racing with it in 2008. We are looking forward to getting back on track and celebrating 10 years and 25 races!  Hope to see everyone at Road Atlanta.

Re: Road Atlanta Birthday Celebration - 25th Race

jal9846 wrote:

We have lost track of how many times the little hatchback has undergone an at race engine swap....but we know it's well more than a half dozen!

I think it was back to back years at Gingerman at one point (might have been Joliet/Gingerman)...I still tell the story of you guys wheeling back the hoist you borrowed from us and someone running up to tell you to bring it back for the MR2.

Good luck and sorry I will not be there to cheer you on or point and laugh...they are equally useful in the end.