Topic: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

So the niva was not a complete disaster so naturally its time to ramp this up.  In wagon form!

don't ask me what the specs are because I genuinely don't know. 

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/46037763_2736324906381498_1763618605162823680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=757cc2dea1f65a88173d82f80cfc388e&oe=5C72C0C3

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/46016677_540852619674408_8760512877472776192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=02082852d4c39ac78459b74850e4f74c&oe=5C71C556

Lada Niva organizer's choice the ridge 2018
ramble on forward northworst 2016
UW car club: the ridge 2015: dead friggin last

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

Gonna guess that's a pushrod Fiat 124 clone

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

cheseroo wrote:

Gonna guess that's a pushrod Fiat 124 clone

In Soviet Russia Fiat reverse engineers you!

Needs more Lampredi twin cam...

#888-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500: formerly known as OMG Racing #140...
Judges Choice and Regional Award winner! Chuckwalla '12, Buttonwillow '13, BFE GP '15, Miller '14 & '15, Sonoma '13,'14,'15,'17, '18. Inde '16,'17,'18. Other foolishness: Finisher of the inaugural Lemons Rally, in the black Jag.... and IOE in the Super Snipe back in '12.

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

emart wrote:

So the niva was not a complete disaster so naturally its time to ramp this up.  In wagon form!

don't ask me what the specs are because I genuinely don't know. 

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/46037763_2736324906381498_1763618605162823680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=757cc2dea1f65a88173d82f80cfc388e&oe=5C72C0C3

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/46016677_540852619674408_8760512877472776192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=02082852d4c39ac78459b74850e4f74c&oe=5C71C556


Do the specs even matter?

Obviously, there is one outcome - it is an historical inevitability.

Use this opportunity to build an improved Lada version of the Renault R5 - a ripsnorting mid-engine beast of a vehicle that the New Soviet Man would be proud to drive, as he urges his comrades to go forth and create the glorious worker's paradise.

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

RandolphCarter wrote:
emart wrote:

So the niva was not a complete disaster so naturally its time to ramp this up.  In wagon form!

don't ask me what the specs are because I genuinely don't know. 

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/46037763_2736324906381498_1763618605162823680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=757cc2dea1f65a88173d82f80cfc388e&oe=5C72C0C3

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/46016677_540852619674408_8760512877472776192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=02082852d4c39ac78459b74850e4f74c&oe=5C71C556


Do the specs even matter?

Obviously, there is one outcome - it is an historical inevitability.

Use this opportunity to build an improved Lada version of the Renault R5 - a ripsnorting mid-engine beast of a vehicle that the New Soviet Man would be proud to drive, as he urges his comrades to go forth and create the glorious worker's paradise.


https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--5So9mVdl--/t_Preview/b_rgb:191919,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1519392782/production/designs/2388801_0.jpg

Lada Niva organizer's choice the ridge 2018
ramble on forward northworst 2016
UW car club: the ridge 2015: dead friggin last

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

I'd love to have one that nice to daily. Since I know how life works-- you never see a car like that until you have one and  then you start to see them everywhere-- if you come across a reasonably priced lada or fiat sedan or wagon that you aren't really looking to pick up yourself, I'd appreciate a heads up!

7 (edited by emart 2018-11-29 09:55 PM)

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

Spank wrote:

I'd love to have one that nice to daily. Since I know how life works-- you never see a car like that until you have one and  then you start to see them everywhere-- if you come across a reasonably priced lada or fiat sedan or wagon that you aren't really looking to pick up yourself, I'd appreciate a heads up!

the guy that owns this has a soviet car museum.  he probably has a few that he'd sell.  as for price i have no idea.


what you can't see is all the janky body work this car has.  its been scabbed together with sheet metal screws and cheap pop rivets

Lada Niva organizer's choice the ridge 2018
ramble on forward northworst 2016
UW car club: the ridge 2015: dead friggin last

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

emart wrote:

[edited]
the guy that owns this has a soviet car museum.  he probably has a few that he'd sell.  as for price i have no idea.

what you can't see is all the janky body work this car has.  its been scabbed together with sheet metal screws and cheap pop rivets

[Original factory production?]

I bid: 5 men's Levi's, 4 women's Levi's, 5 cartons of Marlboro regular, and 5 Camel cartons.

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

[Original factory production?]

I bid: 5 men's Levi's, 4 women's Levi's, 5 cartons of Marlboro regular, and 5 Camel cartons.


I'll See your bet:

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LBW14/234-Butt14-IMG_2517.jpg


and raise you 2 champion goats:

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LBW14/231-Butt14-IMG_2512.jpg

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

<!00!> [I have to use this, sorry]: OMG! ROFLMFAO...

Where could you have possibly found such directly on point pictures so quickly?

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

<!00!> [I have to use this, sorry]: OMG! ROFLMFAO...

Where could you have possibly found such directly on point pictures so quickly?

Because he's in the picture (and thank god I'm not).  Besides bribe Levi's, cigarettes and goats, there were also chickens (one is on the roof of the Dacia/R10).

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

Funny.

My experience is from a different activity with a _lot_ of emigres from the Soviet bloc [ I've recently stopped using 'former' - I'm not quite sure why ... ].

Good to know it's universal...

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

cheseroo wrote:
Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

<!00!> [I have to use this, sorry]: OMG! ROFLMFAO...

Where could you have possibly found such directly on point pictures so quickly?

Because he's in the picture (and thank god I'm not).  Besides bribe Levi's, cigarettes and goats, there were also chickens (one is on the roof of the Dacia/R10).


https://media1.tenor.com/images/e06b8de663f6d65e57fb334edcd12df8/tenor.gif?itemid=4570350

Look over my right shoulder in both pics

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

Damn it, I thought this was going to be about an electric Lada. Shame on you for getting my hopes up like that.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

I approve of everything Lada

Team Pacific Motors - 1977 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith

2018 Where the Elite Meet to Cheat - Organizer's Choice Award

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:
emart wrote:

[edited]
the guy that owns this has a soviet car museum.  he probably has a few that he'd sell.  as for price i have no idea.

what you can't see is all the janky body work this car has.  its been scabbed together with sheet metal screws and cheap pop rivets

[Original factory production?]

I bid: 5 men's Levi's, 4 women's Levi's, 5 cartons of Marlboro regular, and 5 Camel cartons.


no its been patched over many times.  it has rust holes all over the bottom of the car and in the engine bay.  the suspenson looks better but the bodywork is pretty shot.  so the exact opposite of the niva

Lada Niva organizer's choice the ridge 2018
ramble on forward northworst 2016
UW car club: the ridge 2015: dead friggin last

Re: Lada 2: electric boogaloo

rmcdaniels wrote:

Damn it, I thought this was going to be about an electric Lada. Shame on you for getting my hopes up like that.

Does look like a good choice for an EV Conversion.

Duff Beer Civic (#128) -- 2014 Sebring - Class B (#1 of 7), 2016 Barber - Class B
1981 Jet Electrica 007 [Plymouth Horizon TC3] (#128) -- Mk.1 - Index of Effluency Eco (IOEe) @ 2016 Lemons South Fall, Mk.2 - Judges' Choice @ 2017 'Shine Country Classic, Mk.3 - Index of Effluency @ 2017 Southern Discomfort