Topic: Lemons worthy frame guy in SoCal?

Hey guys I crashed our teams E36 at Sonoma back in march. Did a pretty decent amount of driver front frame damage but doesn't seem un-repairable. I've had no luck with local body shops in my area (San Marcos / North San Diego county) they either only want insurance level work or to make a perfect car. We just want to get the car on track again with a decent alignment and the spirit of Lemons!

If you have any recommendations or words of advice id love to hear them
Thanks!

Re: Lemons worthy frame guy in SoCal?

Depending on where you got hit, a junkyard frame "horn" welded on, or a tree+strap+big truck would be a solid "lemons-grade" fix. You probably need to visit the junkyard for body parts anyway, so that's your chance to get a good measurement of where things should be. I'm assuming the firewall isn't affected, correct?

K Car Stalker

Look for a frame shop rather than a body shop. I don't know anything about SoCal shops, being in Ohio and all, but locally we have a couple like "Nelson Frame and Axle." They don't care what happens to the car after they work on it, and all they do is straighten frames and align axles. Find a frame shop, tell them you have a race car with a bent frame - and ask how much per hour to straighten it.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Hey North County buddy!

I'm in Escondido and I've had good luck with Collisions Plus Performance. They're right next to D&E alignment who are my favourite alignment shop around here.

A couple years ago I my 93 Lemons Accord frame pulled by these guys after a crash at Buttonwillow and they've also fixed my E36 M3 shock tower that was hit out of alignment on a curb before I got the car.

It won't be dirt cheap, but they will do a fantastic job.

After they fix the frame, D&E next door can do an alignment and make sure it's all straight for you.

I'd love to check out your car sometime, there's not enough teams around our area  smile

Takata R&D :: 1993 Accord - team captain - rear drum brakes lol
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - co-captain

aventari wrote:

Hey North County buddy!

I'm in Escondido and I've had good luck with Collisions Plus Performance. They're right next to D&E alignment who are my favourite alignment shop around here.

A couple years ago I my 93 Lemons Accord frame pulled by these guys after a crash at Buttonwillow and they've also fixed my E36 M3 shock tower that was hit out of alignment on a curb before I got the car.

It won't be dirt cheap, but they will do a fantastic job.

After they fix the frame, D&E next door can do an alignment and make sure it's all straight for you.

I'd love to check out your car sometime, there's not enough teams around our area  smile

I too am in Escondido but had nothing meaningful to contribute to the original frame pulling discussion other than the tree<-->chain thing.  Anyway, we're in the same town but I can't ever remember meeting... Have we?

I stay away from the big guys, are there any little shops around?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Spank wrote:

I too am in Escondido but had nothing meaningful to contribute to the original frame pulling discussion other than the tree<-->chain thing.  Anyway, we're in the same town but I can't ever remember meeting... Have we?

No we havent, i think there was an email or two years ago when I first started  but that's it. Would be happy to though smile

Takata R&D :: 1993 Accord - team captain - rear drum brakes lol
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - co-captain