Topic: The Tunachuckers' Plymford

Since images are hard here, I did a write up of the build and first race of the Plymford over at Grassroots Motorsports:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum … 838/page1/

Thanks to everyone at Lemons for our Organizer's Choice award at the 2018 "Hurricane Reschedule" CMP!

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Re: The Tunachuckers' Plymford

Thanks for the write up Mike. What an awesome build!

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Great job on the car, and great write-up. Thanks for sharing!

That car looks magnificent driving on track.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Thanks for the compliments, guys.  It was as much of a blast to drive on the track as I hear it was to watch.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up a pinch here so I can drive it to work occasionally.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

All that work to not have to cage the plymouth??  Awesome!  My kinda guy!

nimblemotorsports wrote:

All that work to not have to cage the plymouth??  Awesome!  My kinda guy!

The LTD Landau chassis had received a number of highly cheaty modifications and significant "tuning" that we also wanted to recapture with the Plymford.  I still maintain the re-body was easier.  Plus the Plymouth was so rusty it would have been just as much work to keep the body from spontaneously divorcing itself from the frame.

I am still just sad we did not get to see our '47 Plymouth on the track with this beautiful machine...and it looks even les likely to happen in 2019 as the furthest east we are going to race is Gingerman.

Thanks for taking the time for the write up. Helluva good read.  Nice work!

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

OnkelUdo wrote:

I am still just sad we did not get to see our '47 Plymouth on the track with this beautiful machine...and it looks even les likely to happen in 2019 as the furthest east we are going to race is Gingerman.

I really wanted to see the 2 cars out there together, too.  And yes, very unlikely for 2019.  With my 2 kids, and another team member with his 2nd on the way, and the unfortunate coincidement of other stuff on the East Coast race dates, we may not run at all in 2019.

mechimike wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

I really wanted to see the 2 cars out there together, too.  And yes, very unlikely for 2019.  With my 2 kids, and another team member with his 2nd on the way, and the unfortunate coincidement of other stuff on the East Coast race dates, we may not run at all in 2019.

This gives me the sads sad

I missed last year, as the re scheduled race interfered with my wife's recovery from knee replacement.

I was hoping you'd go to Pittrace

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Congrats on the mention in GRM print!

That guy