Topic: Need Saturn help

2003 Saturn L200, 2.2 ecotec, engine recently replaced.  Only issue with car was oil light would come back on 3 seconds after engine start, and stay on for 15 seconds before going out.  No engine knock, and the light never came back on.

Thursday I stopped for gas after work.  When I went to leave it would not start.  At first I thought it was typical fuel pump failure, but then I noticed that none of the dash lights came on.  A little research lead me to the BCM, which is a known weak point on these cars.  I bought a new one, installed it, and followed the instructions to "marry" the unit to the vehicle.  This did not solve the problem.  We have tested all fuses and they are all good.

Anyone else run into this?

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Re: Need Saturn help

In a GM of that vintage I would suspect a bad electrical connection somewhere, especially if you just had the engine replaced; you might've tweaked something in the harness.

Make sure there isn't a fusible link somewhere you missed; this ended up being the problem with my Pontiac G8. Start at the battery and work your way all the way down the main power cable. Check all the grounds everywhere; even if it looks tight it might not have a good connection. Wire brushes and dielectric grease are your friends.