1 (edited by SpaceFrank 2018-12-27 05:53 PM)

Topic: Random LS V8 Parts - Houston, TX

I'm cleaning out my garage and have some assorted parts left over from when the engine in my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT shit two rods at Texas World Speedway and I swapped in an LS3 crate engine. Volume discounts are available, especially if you come pick the stuff up from my house in Houston (near Hobby Airport) and I don't have to fuss with shipping.

Used but working parts from the original 60k mile engine (2008 L76, basically an LS2 with some different internals):
-Intake manifold sound deadening cover (Free)
-Valve covers (Free)
-Fuel rail and mounting brackets ($10)
-Coil packs and mounting rails ($20/all 8)
-Fuel injectors, could use new O-rings ($5/each)

Shiny new parts from the GM crate LS3 (Basically a 5th-gen Camaro SS engine):
-Throttle body, only works with ECMs from 2009.5 and newer ($60)
-Oil pressure sender, same as above ($5)
-Cast exhaust manifolds w/heat shields ($80)

I also have a Lokar flexible firewall-mount transmission dipstick (part number TD-36L80FM36) that I used for a while and then removed ($10)

Command Pilot/Flight Director, Escape Velocity Racing
Index of Effluency, Heroic Fix, Class C Trophy, now hopelessly gunning for Class B.
Currently 1-2 vs. Team Fairlylame in the Class of 1964 Championships

Re: Random LS V8 Parts - Houston, TX

I had originally copied this post straight from one I made in a different forum, so I just went back and edited the prices to be more Lemons-friendly.

Index of Effluency, Heroic Fix, Class C Trophy, now hopelessly gunning for Class B.

I can't pick up, but I would be interested in the fuel rail, injectors, coil packs, and possibly the manifolds if I could see a pic or two. I've got a LS-swap project I'd like to pretend to be working on.

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner

4 (edited by SpaceFrank 2018-12-28 09:06 AM)

I know y'all aren't racing Barber, but I could still bring the stuff there if you're coming to watch. If not, we'll also be at NOLA.

https://i.imgur.com/TpZbg7S.jpg

There were 7 little metal clips and 1 plastic one in the pile with the injectors. I don't remember exactly how this works; it's been 3 years. I also found the little module on the lower right of the picture; not sure what it is, but it has a two-conductor plug on it. If it's part of the fuel system you can have it with the rest.

Also turned up a set of Livernois pushrods, which must have been installed when the previous owner had the cam swapped on the L76. Marked 7.425" (length) and 0.080" (I assume this is the oil passage diameter). They all appear to be straight and clear to my eyes, but the engine they were installed in did blow up, so buyer beware. A few spots of minor surface rust from sitting on a shelf in Houston, which cleans up with scotch-brite. Call it $10 for the set.

Lemons relay service:

I could get the parts to Fairlylame from Barber. Hopefully the Valiant will be back together this month.