1 (edited by n0m4d 2018-12-07 10:46 AM)

Topic: Barber test day?

My team for some reason has decided its a good idea to truck our crap from NH to AL in February.  I'm working on my estimate for Barber and was wondering if anyone recalls what the test day costs have been in the past.  I'm just trying to get an idea.  Also, looking at the track in google maps, I see no garages.  Its unlikely but is power available?

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

Re: Barber test day?

from last year:

Testing will happen on Friday February 2 from 8am-5pm with a one-hour break for lunch. Testing teams will be granted early access (Thursday afternoon from 3pm-9pm and before noon on Friday). Cost: $300 per car before Feb 1, fax or email this signup form directly to Zoom Motorsports. On site registration will be available for $425 per car. Passengers in full driver gear and harness are allowed during test day.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Much appreciated!

30 entries since 2009

Do any of your teammates have I-Racing? I practiced on there before going to Barber and it helped a lot.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

I see that last year's Barber event page says "Passengers in full driver gear and harness are allowed during test day." But this year's event page doesn't say that. Anybody know if they actually allowed passengers during test day last year?

I emailed the test day promoter, but it's after 5 on a Friday, so I don't expect I'll get an answer until next week.

I don't recall passengers being allowed.

Track Power: There is a lot of power around the paddock $25/day.

No Garages.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

steve wrote:

Do any of your teammates have I-Racing? I practiced on there before going to Barber and it helped a lot.

Thanks, we have been doing this, a few of us on the team have full sim setups.

Troy wrote:

I don't recall passengers being allowed.

Track Power: There is a lot of power around the paddock $25/day.

No Garages.

Thanks for this info.  Power will be handy.

30 entries since 2009

I just got an email response this morning from Parker Griffin with Zoom Motorsports, the company organizing the Friday test session.

Me: "Would a passenger in full safety gear be allowed to ride along during the practice session, assuming the passenger is also certified to drive that day?"

Him: "Yes, that is completely fine."

I'm going to assume "full safety gear" includes everything you would need to race, including a HNRS, racing seat, and harness. Hopefully they don't care about the manufacture date on the harness; I don't plan to ask for clarification.