1 (edited by junkc4 2019-01-15 01:45 PM)

Topic: put me in coach!

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and im going to ask for a biggie here.....is anyone still looking for drivers for the 2019 season? im definitely not the best driver out there but for 18 years old i have quite a bit of seat time (nothing professional but who's counting) and im no stranger to nursing a car with a wound farther than it was intended. i've been turning wrenches since i could hold them and, spending my money irresponsibly on cars as long as i can remember. i can fly out to most places, but if any teams are close that would be even better!  Im just a boy with a racing dream, thank you for your considerations!

2 (edited by Spank 2019-01-15 01:00 PM)

Re: put me in coach!

I'm game if you're up for flying into AZ (or SanDiego and riding out and back with me)

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=37539

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=x/m/ … 1;sd:1;t:f

$224 round trip Wed to Monday on Delta into and out of San Diego
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=x/m/ … 1;sd:1;t:f

Never been out west but im interested! what do you think the rough costs would be total so i can get the cash together? Thanks!

Whereabouts in DE?  I had a teammate that would drive up 80 minutes from Wilmingiton to help wrench.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

Whereabouts in DE?  I had a teammate that would drive up 80 minutes from Wilmingiton to help wrench.

I’m in the clayton area, whereabouts are you?

realistically with 4 drivers it would run $345 for your share of entry fee (payable straight to Lemons via online reg page) and $250-$300 each for car consumables. So roughly $600-$650 for the race part of it.

After that it's personal preference-- camp at the track (I've got a tent and sleeping bag I can loan) or share a hotel (that's my plan even if it means sleeping on floor). Food varies-- My friend's team may have a chowline going you can buy in to for probably like $60 to feed you Fri-Sun or you can do spaghettios straight from the can for cheaper.

I've got a little crash pad you can sleep in if you arrive early or want to stay late. Separate bathroom, separate entry. Feel free to explore SoCal for a few extra days.

Spank wrote:

realistically with 4 drivers it would run $345 for your share of entry fee (payable straight to Lemons via online reg page) and $250-$300 each for car consumables. So roughly $600-$650 for the race part of it.

After that it's personal preference-- camp at the track (I've got a tent and sleeping bag I can loan) or share a hotel (that's my plan even if it means sleeping on floor). Food varies-- My friend's team may have a chowline going you can buy in to for probably like $60 to feed you Fri-Sun or you can do spaghettios straight from the can for cheaper.

I've got a little crash pad you can sleep in if you arrive early or want to stay late. Separate bathroom, separate entry. Feel free to explore SoCal for a few extra days.

Sounds good to me! is there a way i can contact you so we can iron this all out? Thanks!

junkc4 wrote:
RobL wrote:

I’m in the clayton area, whereabouts are you?

We're up in the 18966 zip code. 

Spank posted his prices.  Ours are a little higher - $750 to $900 per race.  We do 2-3 races per year. 

Shoot me a message off the forum if you want to talk more.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.