Re: K Komeback

RichVS wrote:

Depending on the timeframe, Mrs Judge Rich (Mona)  might be willing to do another K hood mural of Lovecraftian inspiration.  Timeframe and logistics of course are issues.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/7/72/Lovecraft-cthulhu.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151128095138

Looking at that pic, and then the original hood:

http://i.imgur.com/tiyJhuv.jpg

Perhaps merge the two graphics?

A portrait of Cthulhu based off of ol' Lee's smiling face?

Lee IA!-cocca.

(sorry)

Guildenstern wrote:

Which is to say, the K car’s K ness is still working at peak capacity.

Which is as it should be! It wouldn't have the cult following it does without it.

What can we do to help? :-)

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Retreat from Moscow route comes pretty close to us around the Lexington to Nashville part, so don't hesitate to ask if you need anything!

Off-Kilter Racing

Dudefladge wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Which is to say, the K car’s K ness is still working at peak capacity.

Which is as it should be! It wouldn't have the cult following it does without it.

What can we do to help? :-)

Not much unless you can make it at least 50's and Sunny from now to the time of the rally.

This crap always seems like a good idea before it's below freezing and snow is on the ground....

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Sunny with a high of 46 here today.... That will change though... Best of luck and keep us posted. We'll cheer you on!

Off-Kilter Racing

Good luck. The miles form Road America to Sonoma  in December were long and cold and uncomfortable.

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Yea I do at least have the luxury of being in a garage not the side of the road. But seriously, who's Idea was it to pick a planet where the water becomes solid for half the year?

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

That only happens in some parts... Maybe why geese fly South for the winter... LOL

Off-Kilter Racing

Interestingly, they are finding that geese aren't going south as much anymore since they are basically turning into large angry pigeons feeding off our plentiful year round garbage and the souls of the easily intimidated on campuses throughout the north east,

So the Fuel Tank is installed, the exhaust is under the car, and now the Steering Column and interior harness are in the car.

https://i.imgur.com/jKIP7k6.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/aOsCx6Q.jpg?1

Of course like all things K car. The harness doesn't match up with the plugs going to the back of the car and half of that was cut anyways so now we wire.

Firewall Forward will all join at the Firewall connector.

Nice!

Off-Kilter Racing

So got the Custom dash re-wired. Engine goes in tomorrow!

https://i.imgur.com/f4jr7K8.jpg?1

Making a pano shot iz hard!

And yes, An Electrical Oil Pressure gauge because tubes are dumb!

I was looking forward to my crotch being bathed in boiling oil!

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

You'll have to modify a cool suit box.

It will the the warmest thing in the car.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/2c2004f09825ececffce6064f79db45e/tumblr_p55uz9ufuL1uphxvgo1_500.gif

67 (edited by Dudefladge 2019-01-17 05:21 AM)

Has the K yet awakened? Were you able to figure out the wiring and windshield install?

Off-Kilter Racing

Wireing yes. Windshield, still not positive on but with no other help we’ll have to just do what we can.

Engine hopefully going in this weekend. The weather has been crappy when we are available to work on it.

Also who put the damn splined lug nuts on it? Becasue did you really think the spline key wouldn’t get forever lost?

Guildenstern wrote:

Wireing yes. Windshield, still not positive on but with no other help we’ll have to just do what we can.

Engine hopefully going in this weekend. The weather has been crappy when we are available to work on it.

Also who put the damn splined lug nuts on it? Becasue did you really think the spline key wouldn’t get forever lost?

LOL. Hey man, you wouldn't want those fancy steel wheels and custom painted rubber to get stolen.

You guys are saints. Or demons. Or both. I wish I was closer to help. I look forward to seeing this reborn POS at Barber. What kind of liquor do you drink? There should be more positive incentives to this madness.

70 (edited by fleming95 2019-01-17 05:34 PM)

SpaceFrank wrote:

LOL. Hey man, you wouldn't want those fancy steel wheels and custom painted rubber to get stolen.

You guys are saints. Or demons. Or both. I wish I was closer to help. I look forward to seeing this reborn POS at Barber. What kind of liquor do you drink? There should be more positive incentives to this madness.

I'd like to agree - but, as we all should know by now, we shouldn't 'feed the crazy'...

I also have a 'K'eepsake that'll need to go with the K once she starts hitting the glorious parades/rallies/roadside attractions.  Who is she going to be with once she's ?roadworthy?

Talk to EyeMWing he's the one making the terrible decision of driving this thing in the middle of winter.

72 (edited by Guildenstern 2019-01-17 05:44 PM)

SpaceFrank wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

I'll feel more like a Saint when I get that engine in. Between Justin getting sick, and me being I don't know either sick or an acute case of winter blergs, we're going to be cutting it close to deliver on Monday the 28th.

Winter plans always seem easier when it's still 70 degrees out.......

Oh and I'm a Pusser's Rum fan myself.

fleming95 wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

I'd like to agree - but, as we all should know by now, we shouldn't 'feed the crazy'...

I also have a 'K'eepsake that'll need to go with the K once she starts hitting the glorious parades/rallies/roadside attractions.  Who is she going to be with once she's ?roadworthy?

I've got her from point of initial roadworthiness in Scranton to Barber. After that, I'm pretty sure Bob's taking her back to NSF HQ where he'll probably immediately make it unroadworthy again.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

But then make it run again,...Right?

My life’s dream is to drive the K!

Off-Kilter Racing

Oh my, do we not Know if Anyone is taking it from barber?