1 (edited by Spank 2018-12-26 03:38 PM)

Topic: 1-3 drivers wanted for AZ Class C car. Newbies & Veterans welcome

Looking for drivers for a relatively boring econo box 2003 Hyundai Accent, with minimal "race prep". Still tagged for the street and It's my current daily driver.  Not a racecar-- it's a street car with a roll cage. Manual trans, floppy suspension, 104 factory hp according to internets.

Depends on who else gets thrown into Class C, and who signs up to drive, but it could conceivably contend for a top placing in class simply based on how long it can stay on track without incident.

Track eats tires no matter how fast or slow your car is, so we need to be ready (ie: pay $) for probably 6 tires rather than the usual 2-3 per event that's why it's not super cheap to run at Inde.

It is possible I'll have the ability to bring a backup / spare car in case some asshat miata driver decides to crash into us because "he had the line".

Looking for drivers with $ to equally share the expenses involved with getting the car to the track,  participating in the event, and returning the car back to SoCal. Tow&track fuel, pads&shoes, oil&filter, stuff like that.

Could be as high as $1500 for consumables to get the car through the weekend, but I expect it to be lower. That means $1500 split between however many drivers we have plus $1380 entry fee also split between drivers.

If 2 drivers it means $690 entry fee plus max $750 consumables
3 drivers is $460 entry plus max $500 consumables
4 drivers is $345 entry plus max $375 consumables

I'll require you to pay your share of the entry $ directly to Lemons HQ and provide a deposit to me of the expected consumables. Unspent deposit $ will be returned.

I have some loaner gear if you're a newbie. You'll need your own gloves, balaclava, and I recommend your own shoes.

One policy I have is that while the steering wheel is in your hands or your butt is in the seat, you are responsible for bringing the racecar back in a condition that allows the next driver to have her or his next stint, minus "normal track wear and tear" like we need to add oil, rotate tires, change brake pads, etc. Stuff happens, and this is a $500 street car on a racetrack. mechanicals are not your fault unless there is solid evidence that is WAS your fault . In terms of damaged suffered as a result of contact: If it costs $ to make it trackworthy again, the person who was in the vehicle when the contact occurred is financially responsible for those repairs. In the event of a total loss, the car is valued at $2500.

Example: Bend a wheel or suspension component? Replace it or provide $ to replace it. Dent a fender? so long as it can go back out on track no big deal. Hit the wall, roll, and it burns to ashes: Find another 03-05 Accent and help me cage it or just pay $2500 and say Ciao.

If you come in after having been double-tapped by a miata and and say "It's not my fault" that the rear subframe is bent and can't be straightened, well it's not MY fault either just because I towed it to the track and let you get in it. You can find a replacement rear subframe yourself or you can go negotiate with the miata driver to have her/him to source a replacement or some combination of that.

Another policy I have is if you earn a black flag, you are by default out of the car until the other drivers have taken their next full stint (can be overruled by the waiting drivers on the team if they all say you can go back out)

If you want to sue me because you get hurt, killed, or simply feel cheated? Please don't.  You are never required to enter the racetrack in the car or even get into the vehicle. It is most definitely your choice to get into what is most definitely a machine of death and the roll cage was installed by someone with no certifications whatsoever (Well, I have a secondary school single subject teaching certificate valid in CA only).

Only promises are that the car will pass tech prior to the drop of the green flag Sat. You are welcome and encouraged to come help me prep the car prior to the event weekend, but not required. While at the track, however, there is a reasonable expectation that you'll help do whatever is necessary to maintain the car and send it back out (help belt in others, help with refueling, normal teammate stuff).

Re: 1-3 drivers wanted for AZ Class C car. Newbies & Veterans welcome

Spank wrote:

It is possible I'll have the ability to bring a backup / spare car in case some asshat miata driver decides to crash into us because "he had the line".

I think he was wearing a different kind of hat.

Spank wrote:

Not a racecar... Manual trans, floppy suspension, 104 factory hp according to internets.

Sounds like a racecar to me.

I've always had a great time as an arrive-and-drive on Spank's teams, so for whatever my endorsement is worth, I'll say this is a good opportunity. Inde is a fun track, too. I've already arranged to be there on a different team, otherwise this would be tempting.

Spank wrote:

I have some loaner gear if you're a newbie. You'll need your own gloves, balaclava, and I recommend your own shoes.

Maybe your own socks, too. I mean, after all, of all the things that "aren't that expensive" these really are not that expensive.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP

Interested. Sent you a PM with details.

msgs sent.

Spots still available.

2-3 Spots still available.

Keep getting asked how much it will likely cost. With 4 Drivers, the LIKELY cost would be $650 per driver which includes entry fees and car consumables. You'll still need your own food and lodging on top of that, but there's a $50 chow line option from a local team and I'm open to sharing a hotel.

7 (edited by Spank 2019-01-30 10:23 AM)

Looks like I'm out. Nobody wants to race a Hyundai I guess.

Or maybe it's me.

https://youtu.be/IKc11BRgh-4?t=280

I would love to drive with you anytime Spank! Doesn’t matter what car. I even have relatives to stay with there in Wilcox. Just can’t make this one.