51 (edited by n0m4d 2019-02-05 07:37 PM)

Re: The unofficial Suggestions box:

I hate that this turned into a comparison of Lemons to other series.  The hotpit EZUP and gas jug tent city that springs up at those serieses (what's the plural of series) terrifies me as it seems a huge fire risk and is a bad idea for Lemons.   I seem to recall allowing to refresh cool shirt coolers was due to actual drivers getting heat stroke on track because they didn't have ice in their system.  But then I also recall hearing of at least one nasty crash that was due to a sun/visibility issue.  I saw Judge Phil's reasoning on the FB page and understand, not 100% in agreement, but he's seen way more idiots than I ever will see so I defer to his judgement.  I also imagine a potential paper-towel chasing mess so i get that.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

I mean, eventually any thread can become a Lemons vs BrandX especially in the drivers lounge.

Let's get to the real problem though, The Lemons Form vs. that website that may, in fact, BE satan.

Why are the actual stake holders responding to things there as opposed to the actual forum they PAY to host?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

Why are the actual stake holders responding to things there as opposed to the actual forum they PAY to host?

good point

I think the forum is much less glamorous in comparison to the isle of faceplant.

Well yea, the people moderating the forum don’t get invited to a weird equivalent of facebooks multilevel marketing scheme meeting.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I wouldn't mind another race in the non-ca part of the Southwest. Deming, or even Sandia in 'Burque wouldn't be bad.

That guy

Another Texas race would not be bad either

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

58 (edited by Spank 2019-02-26 10:24 AM)

DirtyDuc wrote:

I wouldn't mind another race in the non-ca part of the Southwest. Deming, or even Sandia in 'Burque wouldn't be bad.

There's two in Colorado. That's pretty good considering car counts / event expenses per event. Consider that close enough... about 100mi closer than MSR Houston.

I'd LOVE just one that's closer than a 5hr tow, frankly. Or a second one closer than a 10hr tow. But not gonna hold my breath. Happy to see one in KS for them folks to be able to get a taste of the kool aid.

Spank wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:

There's two in Colorado. That's pretty good considering car counts / event expenses per event. Consider that close enough... about 100mi closer than MSR Houston.

I'd LOVE just one that's closer than a 5hr tow, frankly. Or a second one closer than a 10hr tow. But not gonna hold my breath. Happy to see one in KS for them folks to be able to get a taste of the kool aid.

Yeah, not holding my breath.

For me it's Inde, then button, then hpr. Houston, t-Hill and Sonoma are all as close to the same as makes little difference, but Houston has convenient airports.

That guy

If it was more SoCal than NewMexico, I could see it as more of a possibility. Closer to population centers and Chuckwalla actually had a good attendance when they ran there that one time. But the track wasn't playing nice and HQ found its pit wall and flag station placements a bit too dangerous for our group.

I'd be okay with Nevada or closer SoCal...

That guy

Another suggestion: Patches for some awards and not just the IOE award. Like Org Choice, Judges Choice, Heroic Fix, IGS...

It would let everyone from the team have something to commemorate the weekend. Even if they are just made available for purchase by the award winners, if HQ is too cheap to give them out. I bet several teams (or the team captain) would buy them up if made available.

Spank wrote:

Another suggestion: Patches for some awards and not just the IOE award. Like Org Choice, Judges Choice, Heroic Fix, IGS...

It would let everyone from the team have something to commemorate the weekend. Even if they are just made available for purchase by the award winners, if HQ is too cheap to give them out. I bet several teams (or the team captain) would buy them up if made available.

While we donated our winnings, I purchased back a brick of nickels.  Its a great conversation piece.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!