Topic: Babysitters

I'm bringing my 7.5 year old daughter and 5 year old son with me to the Midwest races this year.  I'll obviously keep an eye on them whenever I'm not in the car but I need someone to watch them for a couple hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

Does anyone bring their teenage kids to races?  Would they be interested in making $50 to watch my kids for a few hours?

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Re: Babysitters

Check with cpchampion and / or doctawife from Tetanus Racing, Colorado Chapter. I believe they sometimes use a professional sitting service at some of the tracks they attend with their kids.

Your faith in your team members is........probably appropriate.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

How is the car?  Hope it’s not too much work.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

We've used young-adult children of teammates a few times for Houston events, but our preferred method for away races is posting on care.com to find a sitter. Get them there a bit before driver meeting and a half-hour or hour after checkered flag.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Hey Chad, It's Randy from Bad Decisions.  We don't plan on doing all of the midwest races, but my wife and at least one of my kids will be at the ones we do attend.  They'd be happy to entertain them for a few hours.  Have TV and DVD player with plenty of kid friendly movies in the RV.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

How is the car?  Hope it’s not too much work.

The car will require some frame straightening and a new control arm, tie rods, maybe a rack, probably a sway bar, suspension linkage and a few other tidbits on the front right.  Its all fixable.  I just need to find the time!

Congrats on the Barber win!

rlchv70 wrote:

Hey Chad, It's Randy from Bad Decisions.  We don't plan on doing all of the midwest races, but my wife and at least one of my kids will be at the ones we do attend.  They'd be happy to entertain them for a few hours.  Have TV and DVD player with plenty of kid friendly movies in the RV.

Thanks, Randy!  I'll PM you...