Re: Floor Heel Contact Point Protection

Guildenstern wrote:

[edited]
Also SFI tag on the Tongue, worst thing ever.
Edit: Matter of fact SFI is getting right on my nerves basically everywhere lately.

They're doing it because they think it's funny how annoyed you're getting... ;-)

It’s certainly not because they have to. The tag can be anywhere on the upper of the shoe and can be affixed better than with a single stirch.

Also found out, to actually be SFI compliant, BOTH shoes need a tag. Sooo yea, go look at your shoes.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

Also SFI tag on the Tongue, worst thing ever.

Edit: Matter of fact SFI is getting right on my nerves basically everywhere lately.

Can't be worse than digging through the headliner of my helmet to find the damn Snell sticker.  Why can't they just emboss the outside shell with "SA 2015" or whatever?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Because then Snell can't make money selling the hologram sticker to the manufacturer.

But at least a Snell sticker doesn't just fall off from putting the damn helmet on.

I bought a set of SFI rated crew shoes, because Screw walking in driving shoes just to hold a fire extinguisher, and the label lasted 3 DAYS.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I've been using the same Pyrotect driving shoes from the Lemons "slightly better everything" kit for over 6 years. 24 races total including A&Ds, although the usage has varied between races (from the snowed-out race at ECR to the last full-24 with multiple stints in two cars). Both shoes and the tongue-mounted SFI tags are still in very good shape, and I'm not very strict about removing them before I go walking around the paddock either. The tread is just now starting to wear out on the soles beneath the balls of my feet.

Probably depends on the manufacturer, because my gloves are a different story. I lost one of the cheap Pyrotect gloves from my kit a few years ago and bought a new pair of RaceQuip gloves that actually looked a little nicer. After maybe three years, the SFI tags have faded to the point you can barely read them, and one is coming off from a failing seam. At Barber I noticed one finger is starting to show some wear. I'll be buying new gloves soon, probably not from RaceQuip.