Topic: Subaru brat

So I neeeed a brat. My girlfriend loves them and has been bugging me to build one forever. Well I finally realised what and how to build it. Has anyone run one? Who knows where one is?I don't need the engine or trans. I do need it cheep and fairly close to phoenix.

Owner/Captain of The 27 Club E46. Phoenix, AZ
and now the #95 Thunderbird

Re: Subaru brat

I don't know where it is, but it is probably fairly close to Phoenix. caged too:)

(Some folks, all girl team IIRC, ran one at Chuckwalla at the only race we did there in 2012. They gave out temporary tattoos of the car, I still have one in a desk drawer somewhere. It got either IOE or Org choice. It was a real early one, that first gen version circa 1978...)

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Man.. I need it.

Here you go dude

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/ … 96353.html

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Type44 wrote:

It got either IOE or Org choice. It was a real early one, that first gen version circa 1978...

It was a '79 and got Org Choice at Chuckwalla. IOE went to the "Ace" Rothstein Special Cadillac.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Swap in a nice BMW engine, and you'll have yourself a tasty German Subaru Brat-Worst!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

7 (edited by nimblemotorsports 2019-03-04 10:37 PM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlA3bSmkMkw&t=4s

And I bought a 2005 Tribeca with the H6 for it, but it looks too original to hack up,
I think I'll put the H6 in the Tercel (the red one you can see in the background I think)

Brat-worst is good.  especially since I have a compleat bmw 330 drivetrain sitting in a car I played 500 bucks for. But I have better (ok much worse) plans. I can't give them away though I can say it involves a different 6 cylinder.  One I believe has never been used in Lemons.

There is a guy in Colorado who is trying to sell 5 brats in parts-only condition for $4,500.
Anyone want to go in a deal to buy his lot?  I can build two for Lemons, make them identical and EV...
I need to restore this 78, I have always built custom hotrods, never done a restoration before,
so that will be novel.

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/d/ … 94345.html

Sexy jesus wrote:

...a different 6 cylinder.  One I believe has never been used in Lemons.

Ford (Australia) Barra?

Nope To ford engine. It is amarican made. I'll take a rolling shell if you are going to buy the lot. I already looked at that like. To bad I don't have the required 3/4" plywood he is asking for....