1 (edited by scosol 2019-03-12 03:17 PM)

Topic: FREE 1992 BMW 325is stripped with cage! - Gilroy CA COME GET IT NOW

Ran and drove when parked! (like a bat out of hell, when it comes up on cam!) COME TOW IT AWAY Cage was built to many-years-ago Lemons specs (will need some additional work for current races).
(way back when running an E36 would have been labeled as cheating and probably crushed! We ran a diesel Mercedes instead)

We autocrossed it a couple times with the BMWCCA in the "Impromptu-D(rift)" series but it is taking up driveway room now and needs to go!

Link to pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/63bZMaHPPuzTevMD6

Re: FREE 1992 BMW 325is stripped with cage! - Gilroy CA COME GET IT NOW

Forgot my contact info: scosol@scosol.org 408.718.6290 - Needs to go ASAP!

That cage needs a TON of work to be legal. I don't think you can have door bars on outriggers like that. The interior pics are incredibly dark BTW.

Still, even if the cage is a complete do-over, free car.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Turbo Dodge Powered E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Were those interior pics taken at night?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

5 (edited by scosol 2019-03-14 02:08 PM)

NEW PICS ADDED! Same link, further down: https://photos.app.goo.gl/63bZMaHPPuzTevMD6

(sorry for dark ones)

Re the cage- look closely and you'll see that the bars are VERY THICK (much larger than normal stuff) and we used the outrigggers and such to eliminate any bends (strength before beauty)- and if you didn't notice, the floor mounts are done through wrapped 1/4" steel plate panels held in place with the seen grade-8 bolts. I don't think you need to completely re-do it, from what I recall from the recent rulebooks you just will need to add some bars here and there- we stopped after establishing the main roll hoop and securing it fore and aft.

scosol wrote:

NEW PICS ADDED! Same link, further down: https://photos.app.goo.gl/63bZMaHPPuzTevMD6

held in place with the seen grade-8 bolts.

Have you seen current rules?  Bolt in or "improved" welded up formerly bolt in cages are a no go.

Still FREE CAR so someone should put a current cage in it.

There are no front down bars, or a halo, or a windshield bar, or any other front section to speak of.

On top of that bolt in spreaders, the rear down bars look to land too far back, no passenger door bars, driver door bar doesn't meet current rules, and I do think John has said no outriggers like that on door bars.

That cage comes out and gets thrown away before the car ever sees Lemons again. But again, free car, someone go get it.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Turbo Dodge Powered E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

That's not even a main hoop. That's three tubes welded together.

Still, free car. I've picked up worse free cars.

That guy

LOL Does nobody bribe the tech judges anymore? wink Anyway- The cage is all bolt-out except for the rear x-brace, which you'd have to cut.

scosol wrote:

LOL Does nobody bribe the tech judges anymore? wink Anyway- The cage is all bolt-out except for the rear x-brace, which you'd have to cut.

No.  BS, sure.  Tech, no. 

You could give Pagel or his henchmen all the booze and baked goods i the world and this would affect nothing since Lemons still rolls because of their ability to get insurance.  That and 90% of their current safety requirements make perfect sense to most of us that have a few races under our belts and have seen folks walk away from crashes that could have ended them and the series..

scosol wrote:

The tech inspectors (not judges) have never been bribable.  Hey, is bribable even a word?

True story - our first Lemons race, way back in 2008, we showed up at Stafford speedway, got to tech, handed them our liquor bribe, and were properly teched.  When we got to BS we realized the error of our ways.  Whoops!

bs

Damn, wish I was closer. There is a decent chance my wife wouldn't even notice appeared...

Ok well it's going to eBay- thanks for playing!