Topic: Lap Speed Data

I am working designing a new car and I would like to gather some speed data from a top 10 lap time to use in a simulation.  I am looking for speed date from a hot lap of one of the North East tracks ideally.  All I would need is a list of speeds and the corresponding time.

Does anyone have data like this from Harry's lap timer or some other data logger.  It does not have to be from a race just a lap that is done at Lemons top 10 pace.  Thanks!

Moot Point Racing - 1991 Volvo 240 - #496

2 (edited by Guildenstern 2019-03-06 07:45 PM)

Re: Lap Speed Data

edit:

Never mind you want Lap data not lap times. My brain no so good.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Nobody's got any Harry's Lap Timer data?  This this point I would settle for a data from any track at any speed.

Get yourself a speedhive account... all sorts of lap data available, just not by segment. Average speed and lap times.

That guy

As active as some of us are on this forum, apparently the real action takes place on Facebook groups. I'm not on FB so I can't help with where to look, but apparently there are more than 1. You might get another opportunity to get the responses you are hoping for on there. I think someone needs to invite you tot he group(s)

Spank wrote:

...apparently the real action takes place on Facebook groups.

I suppose that might help to explain the current (as of 20 March 2019) level of activity on the Lemons Yahoo! group:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7912/47375151522_80561cae35_o.png

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I have data from Harry’s for laps in the top 10 fastest for several tracks. I have no idea how to get it off of the iPad to send it though.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

You should be able to export it as a CSV to an eMail

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Guildenstern wrote:

You should be able to export it as a CSV to an eMail

Apple reconizes .csv...how, plebeian.

Like half the worlds data is in some kind of CSV.

Sonic wrote:

I have data from Harry’s for laps in the top 10 fastest for several tracks. I have no idea how to get it off of the iPad to send it though.

This would be perfect I will send you an message over the forum email.

DirtyDuc wrote:

Get yourself a speedhive account... all sorts of lap data available, just not by segment. Average speed and lap times.

I have a speedhive account, they have lap times and average speed but I am looking for speed vs time over the course of a few laps.  Looking for the ups and downs not just the average.