Topic: CMP BBQ?

So, let's talk about CMP and a BBQ.  I don't think trying to do a BBQ on Saturday night will work with this being a 24... so thoughts on Friday night?  I was thinking your standard BBQ fare... with folks bringing sides, etc.  If interested, please post here and start signing up to bring sides.

I kinda need a count so I don't cook 60 lbs too much.  So, are we doing this?!?!

Curt

Re: CMP BBQ?

We're gonna have to get all our drinking in by Friday night, though! At least it's a 12-oclock start.

I can do the usual, a tray of salad, some bread-like things, and a couple watermelons.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

We're gonna have to get all our drinking in by Friday night, though! At least it's a 12-o'clock start..

You planning to skip the first hour of the race to give everyone else a head start?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I will eat BBQ on Friday night. I can probably also bring some kind of salad, bean salad or broccoli slaw or something healthy.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

The gang from The Van Buren Boys will be there total of around 8 people, I'll bring some kind of dessert

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

6 (edited by robert.mcdaniels 2019-03-21 09:54 AM)

Duff Beer Racing will be there with a Stag and 4-5 drivers. I'll start this weekend on a couple of kegs of Duff Beer.

Now all that's needed is an fully electric vehicle and 250 cases of food poisoning for Jay to be out $50K in nickels

MBTL Racing

I love bringing desert to the BBQs but this one may be a stretch logistics-wise for me. I'll try and bring something.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

My pit chief and I will be there with Team Hong Kong Phooey. I will try to get a head count for you. I can bring a large homemade macaroni salad.

For Parts Only will roll over to the BBQ with 12 folks. We'll be bringing some items for the buffett too, and I'll update when I know what they are.

So, I thought I would ping this thread as we have had very little response.  In the case I don't see more responses, I will be greatly reducing the amount of food I plan to prepare and I would rather not have too little.  If you and your team plan to attend, please respond and let us know if you'll be able to bring a side to share.

Thanks,

Curt

PurpleMini wrote:

My pit chief and I will be there with Team Hong Kong Phooey. I will try to get a head count for you. I can bring a large homemade macaroni salad.

We should have 8-10 people total. They will be bringing some side dishes as well..just not sure what.

Idle Clatter will probably have 6 or so meat eaters. I can bring a side or two, maybe get inspired by a dessert.

Do you need plates and cutlery?

A team has already signed up for plates/cutlery.  We should be good there.  Thanks!