Topic: Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

I'm thinking there needs to be a load of us with street legal Lemons cars to go and crash the "ultra swank" Altthusiast rally
https://www.altthusiast.com/,

Or somehow cause "diversions" that prompt roadway closures along the planned route so they have to go a longer route. We can score it and offer points for who causes the best diversion that gets the most electric cars to run out of juice before the end of the day.

Re: Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

One half of me likes the idea of griefing that particular group of people.

The other half thinks they are doing a pretty good job of it themselves already.

I can't help but feel like Daddy has gone off with his new wife and our newborn half-sister and has been skipping out on his court-approved Thursday night supervised visitations with us. Time to pull some Disney-like (Coen Brothers-like?) shenanigans.

4 (edited by nimblemotorsports 2019-03-29 09:21 AM)

I thought this alt thing was a joke, it is for real???  $6,400 to drive your EV with other EVs? 
It is  completely opposite of Lemons, I mean 180-degrees, other end of the spectrum.

Oh, and why would you bother to mess with them?  why would that be any fun?
Would you go to Ferrari rallys and mess with them?

OMG Spank I love the way your mind works!

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

SHENANIGANS!

Shenanigans are always fun!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

7 (edited by Spank 2019-03-29 09:58 AM)

I think my street legal Hyundai Accent themed up with big fat baby arms projecting from the front fenders and a huge paper mache wide-mouthed baby head with blue brothers-esque  loudspeaker crying "Daddy, Daddy, come back, Daddy" chasing around a bunch of stone-quiet electric cars is 100% in the spirit of Lemons.

Another possible theme for anyone with a blue 1976 Chevy Malibu can park outside each hotel at night...

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/14f5177af6f25c22ac8f9501ed067fd2f863928d/c=11-0-1048-1382/local/-/media/2018/01/30/WIGroup/Milwaukee/636529052355637308-LAFBer-07-26-2015-JC-1-C004-2015-07-25-IMG-PNI-0705-timeless-mo-1-1-4MBDORF1-L647044189-IMG-PNI-0705-timeless-mo-1-1-4MBDORF1.jpg?width=534&height=712&fit=crop

Spank wrote:

I think my street legal Hyundai Accent themed up with big fat baby arms projecting from the front fenders and a huge paper mache wide-mouthed baby head with blue brothers-esque  loudspeaker crying "Daddy, Daddy, come back, Daddy" chasing around a bunch of stone-quiet electric cars is 100% in the spirit of Lemons.

That is disturbingly close to what I had imagined too. And then in the evenings having random Lemons racers show up in their grubby worn race suits, helmet in hand, coming up to Jay's table at whatever swanky dining destination the tour is stopping at each day and asking, "Why didn't you come to my race, Dad? I waited for you all weekend. Why, Dad? Why?"

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

nimblemotorsports wrote:

I thought this alt thing was a joke, it is for real???  $6,400 to drive your EV with other EVs? 
It is  completely opposite of Lemons, I mean 180-degrees, other end of the spectrum.

Oh, and why would you bother to mess with them?  why would that be any fun?

It's all inclusive: food, lodging, recharging, etc., making it not so bad.

Still, seems 180 degrees from why Lemons was created.

yodogg wrote:
Spank wrote:

That is disturbingly close to what I had imagined too. And then in the evenings having random Lemons racers show up in their grubby worn race suits, helmet in hand, coming up to Jay's table at whatever swanky dining destination the tour is stopping at each day and asking, "Why didn't you come to my race, Dad? I waited for you all weekend. Why, Dad? Why?"

The scene in Blues Brothers where they act up in the restaurant to get Mr Fabulous to rejoin the band comes to mind.  That gambit worked so I'm sure all these ideas will work as well.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Brain:Pinky, Are you pondering what I am pondering?
Pinky:Well, I think so, Brain, but I can't memorize a whole opera in Yiddish.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

nimblemotorsports wrote:

God yes. I mean more so even, I'd get a Dino just to eff it up to go freak a Ferrari Rally.

Well I would have before they got stupid priced because reasons.

But a Fiero with a body kit sure.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

13 (edited by Guildenstern 2019-03-29 02:48 PM)

Also this is Lemons related because, guess who's fronting that $50,000 prize for the first electric overall win.

And hey, go check out who's running this whole shebang.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

Also this is Lemons related because, guess who's fronting that $50,000 prize for the first electric overall win.

And hey, go check out who's running this whole shebang.

And they're cross-promoting on the Lemons facebook pages and in the Lemons email spam. They're BEGGING for it!

Spank wrote:

And they're cross-promoting on the Lemons facebook pages and in the Lemons email spam. They're BEGGING for it!

Yeah, that is a good point, the Ferrari club doesn't spam Lemons racers.
I don't know about messing up the rally, but showing up in grungy racing gear asking if you can get a jump to start your trashy race car parked outside might be appropriate, as apparantly a Tesla can't do that or it might damage it...

EMP

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

EMP

I think I have my next Moke theme...

https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pictures/graphics_topics/20170221_1702-awacs_rdax_775x440.jpg