Re: Joliet...who is coming and what ya' bringing

Electric Mayhem will be there for what will be a send-off for Dr. Teeth. With the demise of the Cure for Gingervitis we figure it's time to re-theme.

I'll have a selection of craft beers available on Saturday once the track goes cold - free to anyone who removes a 2ft by 2ft section of the current wrap.

We'll keep the pink hair for Sunday.

Electric Mayhem Racing

OnkelUdo wrote:
GTPquickRB wrote:

Well, the #219 1992.5 Eagle Talon will be back!!  We bought a 91 TSi to go fast, but the motor ended up being junk.  So we bought a 92 Laser RS.  It also won't run.  So we're back in the Talon! 

Hoping to camp in a spot that isn't swampland.

Seriously dude..what is wrong with you.  I mean mentally...

Long Story short, N/A Talon Broke and we found a stupid deal on a turbo car. We got into it to find more issues than the original car had, Then we found the Laser body not rusted for super cheap and started to build it. After some super long discussions and nights working it makes more sense to fix the original car. One of our members bought the Laser and we ended up even in the cars. We are currently still repairing the original 92.5 Talon. We are gluttons for punishment and refuse to give up completely on the DSM world. Call us Crazy, Challenged, nuts, or plain stupid but this is what Lemons is about correct? Put a car on the track that doesn't belong and hope for the best, or I guess we could have taken the easy route bought a BMW and threw a cage in it.....  Now that I read this yeah we are a little crazy but we will be there making laps one way or another.

jamesberry23.jb wrote:

Long Story short, N/A Talon Broke and we found a stupid deal on a turbo car. We got into it to find more issues than the original car had, Then we found the Laser body not rusted for super cheap and started to build it. After some super long discussions and nights working it makes more sense to fix the original car. One of our members bought the Laser and we ended up even in the cars. We are currently still repairing the original 92.5 Talon. We are gluttons for punishment and refuse to give up completely on the DSM world. Call us Crazy, Challenged, nuts, or plain stupid but this is what Lemons is about correct? Put a car on the track that doesn't belong and hope for the best, or I guess we could have taken the easy route bought a BMW and threw a cage in it.....  Now that I read this yeah we are a little crazy but we will be there making laps one way or another.

I admire you commitment and at least it is not to a rotary (I am trying to annoy all the specialty fanboys now).  We bring stupid stuff to the track as well ('95 Trans Sport, '47 Plymouth and then this year's build) so it is not like I can judge...but I will anyway.  I watched the k-it-forward action and thought to myself "what could be worse than that"?  The Eagle Vision was the answer but the Talon/Laser was a close second.  Even the vision ran an almost flawless first race...follow by about 3 laps the second + 20 hours of wrenching before they crushed it.

OnkelUdo wrote:
jamesberry23.jb wrote:

I admire you commitment and at least it is not to a rotary (I am trying to annoy all the specialty fanboys now).  We bring stupid stuff to the track as well ('95 Trans Sport, '47 Plymouth and then this year's build) so it is not like I can judge...but I will anyway.  I watched the k-it-forward action and thought to myself "what could be worse than that"?  The Eagle Vision was the answer but the Talon/Laser was a close second.  Even the vision ran an almost flawless first race...follow by about 3 laps the second + 20 hours of wrenching before they crushed it.

I resemble that remark. At least we had the Rambler that weekend too.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

OnkelUdo wrote:
jamesberry23.jb wrote:

That is for sure a interesting combination of vehicles... Look forward to seeing y'all there.

OK, to all 49 other teams potentially following this (yeah, right), I did do a seperate post about a potluck Friday night but response has been limitted.  Hoping it is mostly just the few folks scrambling to be ready but if not, come eat the food and drink the beer adjacent the Tecn/BS/Penalty box garage starting 6'ish Friday.

OnkelUdo wrote:

OK, to all 49 other teams potentially following this (yeah, right), I did do a seperate post about a potluck Friday night but response has been limitted.  Hoping it is mostly just the few folks scrambling to be ready but if not, come eat the food and drink the beer adjacent the Tecn/BS/Penalty box garage starting 6'ish Friday.

I did get about 30-35 brats to cook. will be there!

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR