Topic: Who ran the Mark VIII at Autobahn Joliet?

Been thinking about running a Mark VIII, so I'm curious what happened this weekend. You guys were done by mid day Saturday. Did your car give out or was it something else?

Thanks

Re: Who ran the Mark VIII at Autobahn Joliet?

Was it the black Lincoln's Top Hat car?
They are in Central Ohio, don't know if they are on the forum much.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

There is one out of FL that runs Champ, seems to do well.
Also
I have 2 of em here...

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

4 (edited by MazdaLove 2019-04-09 11:03 AM)

This one from this past weekend was orange and purple.
Anyone know of any issues to look out for with these cars? I have the opportunity to pick one up very cheap with less than 100k miles on it.

Thanks

MazdaLove wrote:

This one from this past weekend was orange and purple.
Anyone know of any issues to look out for with these cars? I have the opportunity to pick one up very cheap with less than 100k miles on it.

Thanks

No noteworthy issues with the trans or diff, make sure it is running smoothly on all 8cys, I have heard of valve spring probs.

4 corner air ride system can be deleted using springs (if it hasnt already been done)  All the parts on this car are easy to ebay sell for good $$, most notably, the headlights (if HID) mirrors and seat motors/tracks

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

We have the one with the black top hat that’s raced at Gingerman.  We ran all day both days plus Friday test days at both races we’ve entered so far. We’ve had zero issues over two weekends. We won IOE last October at Gingerman. Feel free to email me and I’m happy to chat about our experience with the car. The team at Autobahn has had intake challenges. I think they’ve tried to do a lot more to squeeze out more horsepower.  We are running bone stock with zero fiddling with the drivetrain - with $50 all season radials from Amazon.

Ken

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

phyveaux wrote:

We have the one with the black top hat that’s raced at Gingerman.  We ran all day both days plus Friday test days at both races we’ve entered so far. We’ve had zero issues over two weekends. We won IOE last October at Gingerman. Feel free to email me and I’m happy to chat about our experience with the car. The team at Autobahn has had intake challenges. I think they’ve tried to do a lot more to squeeze out more horsepower.  We are running bone stock with zero fiddling with the drivetrain - with $50 all season radials from Amazon.

Ken

Yeah, they had an intake from a Mustang Cobra bolted on the top end. Thanks for the offer, I'll hit you up offline for input. Much appreciated!