1 (edited by RobL 2019-05-09 08:14 AM)

Topic: Any info on this?

It has Lemons stickers on it but the cage doesn't have a diagonal, doesn't look like it has front stays, the window was rolled up when it rolled, and the harness isn't mounted correctly. 

https://i.redd.it/f6q72y1uz5x21.jpg

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

2 (edited by chaase 2019-05-09 09:16 AM)

Re: Any info on this?

It also looks RHD, may have been rolled. I don't think that car could've been in a Lemons race in the last 7-8 years with that cage.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

That's what I thought but that looks like a 2019 sticker.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

It doesn't look like it but Is it possible some bars were cut out?

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

My bet is that it's an Aussie Lemons car. That cage passes their regulations. The RHD, Lemons sticker, and cage config all add up to an Australian car.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

piper.gras wrote:

My bet is that it's an Aussie Lemons car. That cage passes their regulations. The RHD, Lemons sticker, and cage config all add up to an Australian car.

If the Aussie series has lower standards then it would make sense.

chaase wrote:
piper.gras wrote:

They only require a minimum of a 4 point cage with a driver door bar. Guess those Aussies are a bit more cavalier about safety.

https://24lemons.com.au/the-rules-and-regs-2/

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

piper.gras wrote:
chaase wrote:
piper.gras wrote:

They only require a minimum of a 4 point cage with a driver door bar. Guess those Aussies are a bit more cavalier about safety.

https://24lemons.com.au/the-rules-and-regs-2/

Give them time. The first few Lemons races were a bit lighter on safety than we are now.

Yeah, our first Lemons car was a four point cage, one driver door bar, backstays that ended a few inches in front of the rear bumper. Bolting spreader plates in was allowed the race before we showed up so we spent Friday adding welds to our spreader plates. The tech legal race seat was any OEM seat so we had the original Honda seat on a slider. Tightened belts by moving / lifting the seat back forward a notch.  We ran with that seat for more than a year. Thinking about going upside down in that car is a little scary now. I think we were all pretty lucky and I am grateful for the improvement in Lemons safety regs. If Australia is working on catching up, I hope they move pretty quick. Using today's Lemons regs I have had a driver crash my car through a tire wall doing about 80 and the driver walked away with some sore muscles. Have also had the car take a broadside that totaled the chassis and the driver walking away without injury.

Off topic but worth being said - don't try to find ways around the tech requirements and don't skimp on costs for safety gear.