Topic: Electric RX8 Racecar

So is anyone else actually planning an EV build for Lemons?

Building the Electric RoadRace  $200 RX8

Re: Electric RX8 Racecar

And in the background I spy a 67 corvair being converted to v8 audi.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

CMP September, prepare for electric domination.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Have you run your plans by John Pagel yet?

Sure, the car has already been in three Lemons races. At Duff Beer we are OG EV racers.

Some updates will probably be required; when we started building this we went with the oldest and most established sanctioning ruleset we could find, the NEDRA rules (became part of the NHRA in 2012). People have been drag racing EV's for over 20 years and there's a pretty good set of safety guides, including SFI and FIA stuff. The new rules are based on the Pike's Peak Hill Climb rules, so I'll have to go through that and make sure that we are compliant, but I'm sure that we'll come up with something that we can race.

That was easy, put a 10+ CFM blower on the battery box and we're good to go.

rmcdaniels wrote:

Sure, the car has already been in three Lemons races. At Duff Beer we are OG EV racers.

Oh, I'm not worried about you guys. Well... I might worry for your sanity, but I'm not worried about you passing tech. Y'all are great.

My question was for the OP, who already removed large chunks of the structure of his car and sounds like he's not finished cutting yet. That RX-8 chassis is starting to look a lot like a certain Miata that failed Lemons tech with great prejudice at NOLA.

Holy crap, I never actually watched the video all the way through. I can't imagine that flying.

In fact, I made that video mostly for Pagel, as you might notice, showing the structure was intact.
As I describe removing the roof structure is replaced by the cage.

The failed tech Miata Death Kart did not have doors hood fenders right? 
This RX8 would have all of that, I have another RX8 that is totally complete.

However, I am now planning to use a different car as my Lemons EV. 

I have a Subaru EZ30 H6 that might find its way into this RX8 for a mid-engine Lemons car.,,or not.

So no other EVs in Lemons? 
Everyone finally understand its going to be really really expensive and really can't win?

Oh and indeed I have a 67 Corvair with a 944 suspension and Audi 4.2 V8, and I committed (bought new flywheel and clutch, biggest expense)  to use the 944 transaxle and make it a 5-speed.
But it is not for Lemons.

Yeah, looks like I got that wrong. Please bring that (or whatever other EV you have planned) to a race.

I am going to DOMINATE, mine is bigger!! big_smile

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/prod.mm.com/uploads/2019/06/25/1561513929_img_0470_mmthumb.JPG