Topic: Potluck @ Thunderhill 5 mile!

Yo!  May 25th and 26th are closer than they appear, much like that Hyundai Scoupe that's getting bigger in the rear-view mirror of your hepped-up 80s Mustang.  And much like we did at Sonoma earlier this year, we're gonna host another potluck at Thunderhill on the Saturday night between the days of racing.

Where will it happen?  Maybe in the Yokohama sponsor tent?  Maybe in the penalty box?  Unclear!  But somewhere in that general vicinity.

When will it happen?  Saturday evening, dinner time.

Will there be music?  Unclear!  We're not sure if the most excellent person who DJed at Sonoma will be there.  But we will figure _something_ out even if it's just an iPod connected to some speakers playing The Telstars' Håll Dig Till Höger Svensson* on endless repeat.

But bring food to share, your most excellent hooptie-ass pit vehicles, and your excellent costumes.**  They gave out an award last time, maybe they will do it again if they remember to write it on the awards sheet.  It's also bring your own beverage & cups.

Shona (many of you know her) is hosting this event, and as soon as she gets past the spam protection on the forum, she'll comment here.  But you can reach her at 617 875 5749 or shona@phunk.org if you have questions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

-- Shona / Sophie / Me

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxzChvvTmrc
** Except for speedos.  Please, god, not speedos.

Re: Potluck @ Thunderhill 5 mile!

Plan to sleep  in my new truck tent so will gladly be sharing something......cold probably.
Team misfits!

50 bajillion people brought desserts last time, so that's always safe as a cold option

We can bring smoked pulled pork nachos (it's who we are).

Whale Wars Racing will bring meatballs that may or may not contain actual whale meat.

Sweet sweet whale meat

Snow Cones

I intend on participating but it'll have to be something acquired locally. Towing 14hrs leaving Thursday leaves me thinking that homemade then unrefrigerated deviled eggs would be a bad idea.

If you want to be sure, the judges could make drivers taste test the deviled eggs during the race and report back with their results before the potluck.

Thank you everyone who has replied about bringing something! Can't wait to see all the yummy foods that show up.

Having trouble posting...maybe 3rd times a charm?... 

The Ranger Road team will be bringing pulled pork mac and cheese sliders.  Since another team is also bringing pulled pork deliciousness, maybe a pulled meat theme is in order?

Bodge Engineering (aka The Rolex) will be bringing a 7-layer dip and chips that may or may not be in the shape of a Rover.

Team Co-Captain - Bodge Engineering - The Rolex (1981 Rover 3500 SD1 with Lexus 1UZ-FE V8) and the Sterling (1991 Sterling 827SL - Organizer's Choice and IOE winner!)

We are going to take up the BBQ pulled pork challenge as well. 

Team Misfits

Valiant Effort will bring something.  Probably something kid friendly like a giant thing of mac and cheese. 

-Jon

My girlfriend is going to be making a dozen or so grilled tofu veggie skewers for the non-carnivores.

-Jim B.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX