1 (edited by OnkelUdo 2019-05-05 05:53 PM)

Topic: HPR June... Bad Decisions is coming are you?

So there was this plan to do a Great Lakes "Super Happy Fun Club" invasion of HPR June back in like November.  We are talking 5 teams with 6-7 cars total.  Bad Decisions Racing with a representative from Poor White Trash Racing are all that is left standing.  We are bringing our (totally stock, really) 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe Sedan.  We are excited by the concept of elevation change on a race track as only two members of the team have actually seen such a thing.  We are also excited at the concept of a race with no rivers running across the track as 80% of our last two years' races have been this.

Couple of a questions....What night is the Potluck?  Where, short of going to Kansas, do you get fuel, ice, tampons for our drivers that piss me off (they are all male), emergency beer, etc.  Most importantly, are you guys as mellow as Judge Phil claims or are we looking at a Jersey race ala 2014?

Super excited to do this in our (totally stock) post-war Plymouth before Judge Phil ever turns a wheel in anger on his.

Re: HPR June... Bad Decisions is coming are you?

Oooh, I'm hoping to work this one to see the 47 vs the grumpy cat truck. That should be a good race.

Byers, CO is really the only town that's remotely close to the track that you can get supplies at, which is about 20 minutes to the west. And, yeah, the Colorado crew are a fantastic bunch of peeps. I think ya'll real really enjoy it, it is a fantastic track. Just be sure to bring everything you might need. The paddock facilities makes Gingerman seem luxurious.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

The Wonderment Consortium will be there with the Impulse. Looking forward to our first time at this track!

OnkelUdo wrote:

Super excited to do this in our (totally stock) post-war Plymouth before Judge Phil ever turns a wheel in anger on his.

Ouch

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

derekste wrote:

The Wonderment Consortium will be there with the Impulse. Looking forward to our first time at this track!

OnkelUdo wrote:

Ouch

Yeah, but Phil's has a LEXUS suspension, while we make do with a grafted-on CVPI front end and a stick axle out back.

The Inglorious Basturds will be there. We come to introduce a new car in our stable. THE MAZDARATI! We usually bring the 511 TBIRD. Take heart in that none of us has ever driven this thing on a track. Lol....
We will be parked in our usual spot by the showers just across and down from HQ. We are in the white Haulmark trailer with some pop up canopy’s. Come by and have a cocktail, some eats, tell some lies and hang out with us. We have a ball every time we go there. We are out of Dallas. The Half-Asston isn’t making the trip this time. It likely won’t come out again until MSR Houston. She has many teething pains to sort. See everyone soon. We are excited to see if we can keep the MAZDARATI pointed in the same direction! I hope Lemons of Love is going to be there. $100 bucks is cheap at twice the price to stay off Steve and Phil’s dooky list!

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

Deer Trail is another option for fuel besides Byers. It is also about ten miles away. Fuel at the track is quite expensive. There is an Oreillys in Bennet about five miles or so past Byers. They are Lemons friendly and have offered to deliver parts in the past. There is an Oreillys Hub right outside the gate of the Denver Airport another twenty five miles up the road. You can order from the store in Bennet and go grab them immediately instead of waiting. I recommend calling in advance, pay at the store on the way and go grab your parts if they don’t have them on the shelf in Bennet. It is the fastest way we have found to get parts. Of course there are others, but I just thought I’d lay out an option for teams long hauling. We have been every year but the first year. The food trailer at the track has always been decent food if you want to go that route. There is a little bar in Strasbourg down by the mill to wet your whistle and grab some cafe style food. The beer is cold and cheap. Nice little place. The locals dont pay any attention to the smell of gas and oil on your shoes. The bathrooms and showers are trailer portables but have always been clean. There are other portable toilets throughout the paddock. Take notice though that pavilion paddocks and shore power spots are usually rented out months in advance. People well let you run your compressor or grab some water. Most teams are quite friendly. Come see us if you need something. Its a great way to make a new friend.

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

Flat Face Racing will be at HPR for our first Lemons race evar piloting Scrappy the purple Miata.  We're one of those early carport renters - come by #10 and say hi and give a few pets to our pit pups.

gerryrin wrote:

The Inglorious Basturds will be there. We come to introduce a new car in our stable. THE MAZDARATI! We usually bring the 511 TBIRD. Take heart in that none of us has ever driven this thing on a track. Lol....
We will be parked in our usual spot by the showers just across and down from HQ. We are in the white Haulmark trailer with some pop up canopy’s. Come by and have a cocktail, some eats, tell some lies and hang out with us. We have a ball every time we go there. We are out of Dallas. The Half-Asston isn’t making the trip this time. It likely won’t come out again until MSR Houston. She has many teething pains to sort. See everyone soon. We are excited to see if we can keep the MAZDARATI pointed in the same direction! I hope Lemons of Love is going to be there. $100 bucks is cheap at twice the price to stay off Steve and Phil’s dooky list!

So that's who stole it!

https://jalopnik.com/dumbass-thieves-ha … 1830370050