Topic: Pit Stops

I know driver change, fueling, and ice fills are all that are allowed on pit lane.  Crew responsible for fueling have to have the whole fire suit stuff.  Are there any safety requirements for other crew over the wall to assist with driver swap and ice fill once fueling is complete?

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Re: Pit Stops

Everyone in pit lane is in full gear on both sides of the wall.  As in, you are in full gear (helmet, suit, gloves, shoes, etc.) from the point you enter the pit lane entry portal until you leave that portal. 

So the guys helping the driver get belted in after fueling still have to have gloves on and visors down.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Everyone going into the hot pit area MUST be in full gear,  no exceptions.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

4 (edited by chaase 2019-06-05 11:06 AM)

One other thing to note, unless you are holding the extinguisher or putting in the fuel, you are supposed to be behind the wall.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Lemons doesn't operate like other series where you can setup a tent and camp next to the pit lane the whole race. There are too many cars and not enough spaces for something like that to work. So no one enters the pit lane area without being in full gear. As soon as you're done you then leave pit lane.

Basically the whole of pit lane, both sides of the wall, area considered a limited access area that requires full gear. If you want someone along not in gear to do radio things they stay out of the hot pit area completely.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Thanks everyone!

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

7 (edited by VKZ24 2019-06-06 05:21 AM)

TheEngineer wrote:

Lemons doesn't operate like other series where you can setup a tent and camp next to the pit lane the whole race. There are too many cars and not enough spaces for something like that to work.

The other series doesn't have enough room either, but they do it anyway.  A 10x20 space isn't nearly enough room for three teams.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!