Topic: Gingerman - Yet Another Judge Eric Odd Bribe Request

Lemons Midwest HQ has recently changed locations and, as it turns out, it has no functioning air conditioning. This is a foolish oversight on the part of Lemons Midwest HQ's manager (me), one of many such things. If you've been around, you've no doubt noticed that I request odd bribes when I tend to request them at all, but if anyone has a functioning wall or portable A/C unit they don't want, it would sure make my life easier.

Before everyone starts digging into their crawlspaces and there are like 90 goddamn A/C units being dropped off at my feet in the Gingerman tech shed, just call "DIBS" like a real Chicagoan right here and we'll stop at two of 'em if anybody has one.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Gingerman - Yet Another Judge Eric Odd Bribe Request

Any Lemons team worth their salt would bring you a family pack of coolshirts and long enough tube to allow you to connect to your refrigerator's cold water dispenser and still roam the house...

Or a large cooler for the living room and/or kitchen that you all can hook up to at the same time.

Random extra left over ACs are great for making garage cool shirt systems actually. We bring this one to thompson every year and it's freaking amazing. Condenser coil is made to fit inside the cooler, aquarium pump keeps water moving so it doesn't freeze up around the coil, huge bilge pump feeds a network of feed hoses. We can plug in 4 people right now, going to bump that up before this year's race.

https://imgur.com/1mmMkB2.jpg
https://imgur.com/EwmzULk.jpg

Build one, bring it and extra cool shirts to a summer race, loan to HQ for the weekend, become best person ever.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I can send one (I'm not going to GMan) with somebody if you don't get one volunteered- or you can come pick it up in Aurora if you want it sooner smile

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Dibs

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

TheEngineer wrote:

Random extra left over ACs are great for making garage cool shirt systems actually. We bring this one to thompson every year and it's freaking amazing. Condenser coil is made to fit inside the cooler ...

That's awesome! I'm going to try to put one of these together. Do you have any pics of the tubing network? And I assume you mean the evap coil goes in the cooler.

Eric - I don't have any AC units, but how about Ween's Freedom of '76 single?

Apocalyptic Racing / Frankenstein Motorworks / Burnt Rubber Soul / Voleex / Crushed Red Pepper

A/C Units are spoken for. Thanks dudes for helping keep me and the Lemons HQ Junior Assistant to the Regional Manager cool this summer. Ya'll know that bribes for my kiddo work best.

bill wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Random extra left over ACs are great for making garage cool shirt systems actually. We bring this one to thompson every year and it's freaking amazing. Condenser coil is made to fit inside the cooler ...

That's awesome! I'm going to try to put one of these together. Do you have any pics of the tubing network? And I assume you mean the evap coil goes in the cooler.

WILL TAKE THE WEEN SINGLE HOLY SHIT YES.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

bill wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Look at the repaired cut lines top left of the cooler, you will see where the evap pipes were inserted and sealed back.without letting freon out.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

bill wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Whichever coil gets cold, that's the one that goes in the cooler. I mix them up all the time. Literally just cut the AC housing back, remove the blower fan and all other foam etc so it's just hanging in front of the rest of the unit. Then cut a slot in the cooler and drop it in and bolt up to a board, then re-seal the cooler.

The tubing is straight forward. I just bought the biggest bilge pump I could, ran a short section of the appropriate tubing, then I just bought a bunch of fittings from home depot to make a series of tees that feed the hoses out of the cooler.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice