Topic: Seat for XL Driver

I am looking for a seat for a large/moderately tall driver (300#/6'2"). It needs to fit into a Volvo 242. All suggestions welcome. I'll likely need an adjustable base. My main co-driver is about the same height but prefers to be located closer to the wheel.

Ed

Re: Seat for XL Driver

Ultrashield makes a good solid aluminum seat in bigger sizes. Kirkey’s non tinfoil containment seats come in big sizes too.

Adjuster is a separate set of components you bolt the seat to. You may be able to just use the one in the Volvo.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Corbeau FX1 wide.  I don't know if it will fit in the Volvo, but that's the seat I use and I'm about the same size as you.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Sparco Evo 3 cost a little more but is super comfy for us luxury mammals.  I have one in the Jag.

If you go with a Kirkey, don't get one with the midsection support wings,  they just get in the way getting in and out of a car, and us big boys need all the space we can get.

(I'm 6'-3" and around 280 lbs.)

I'm 6'3" and ~245 lbs. and the Corbeau is plenty big, almost TOO big for me. If you are having smaller drivers in the car, they are going to float around in the car unless they have additional foam padding.

The Pentastar whisperer

I have a used Sabelt Seat - Taurus XL VTR 2013. Too big for our car or any of our drivers. As mentioned earlier in post, sliding rails are a separate component and your stock Volvo rails are likely more solid than even aftermarket racing rails.

I'll send it to you as lemon-warming gift if you guarantee you are doing a legitimate build and it will not end up on eBay...

#9 Audi CQ Scooby Doo Car known as the Mystery Machine, #44 Audi 4KQ painted as a tribute car to the 1989 IMSA  car driven by Haywood, Stuck, and Rohrl, and the #95 Audi TT Lightning McQueen.

Fyi, the Volvo 240 seat slider are my go-to choice for a racing seat slider...perfectly flat, multiple mounting holes, double locking.

Another vote for Corbeau FX Pro/Wide.

I find the regular Corbeau to be plenty wide, almost too wide from. I'm 6' 220lbs and the seat still has room.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

The OMP TRS-E Plus is another good option and less expensive than Recaro.

wilmon wrote:

The OMP TRS-E Plus is another good option and less expensive than Recaro.

This is the seat that we use for our enormous fat-ass driver and we love it, very comfortable and reasonably priced.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Another OMP option we're running is the WRC-XL. I'm 6'3" and 260lbs. It fits great.