Topic: Shoe shopping gents

I'm 6'9" tall 250lbs and got these tiny ballerina feet for my size, about a 13.5 in US.

Looking for something comfortable for endurance racing that meets safety spec and was hoping for some recommendations. I did a search but didn't find any other threads.

Any input good or bad would be helpful on your shoe experiences.

Check out our YouTube Channel to see out shity car.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_ZhLJ … 2&t=0s

2 (edited by chaase 2019-05-29 01:01 PM)

Re: Shoe shopping gents

stefan2057 wrote:

I'm 6'9" tall 250lbs and got these tiny ballerina feet for my size, about a 13.5 in US.

Looking for something comfortable for endurance racing that meets safety spec and was hoping for some recommendations. I did a search but didn't find any other threads.

Any input good or bad would be helpful on your shoe experiences.

I don't know how many brands sell 1/2 sizes so you may need to go to a 14. I used to have Pyrotect branded shoes. They weren't bad but eventually wore out, so I switched to Simpson. I like the Simpson better but that may be because the old ones were pretty beat up from 8 years of races. I was lucky enough to have a store nearby that stocks shoes so I went and tried them on to see what I liked.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Depending on how often you race in the rain, you might want a non-suede shoe that's less likely to soak in water from puddles and stuff while you're in the paddock.

The more important question is....what the hell car will you be stuffing your non-ballerina frame into?

BTW, feeling bad about myself at 5'-10" and 250lbs.  Thanks.

I have size 12 1/2s and really none of them are comfortable for anything but sitting in the car. I currently have a set of G-force Pros, but the Crow all leathers look pretty nice.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

@Bilcoh good suggestion about the rain. Our car is actually a non-running salvage title Mazda RX8 that we bought for $1000 that we're parting to get it down too $500. You can can see the build here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … WiEKQpnr1A

I actually daily a 1988 RX7, so I've gotten used to small spaces but I manage.

@Chaase I'm going to have to hope for some 14s then. Not a lot of selection.

Check out our YouTube Channel to see out shity car.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_ZhLJ … 2&t=0s

stefan2057 wrote:

@Bilcoh good suggestion about the rain. Our car is actually a non-running salvage title Mazda RX8 that we bought for $1000 that we're parting to get it down too $500. You can can see the build here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … WiEKQpnr1A

I actually daily a 1988 RX7, so I've gotten used to small spaces but I manage.

@Chaase I'm going to have to hope for some 14s then. Not a lot of selection.

Simpson does sell shoes in 1/2 sizes and go up to 14 on the website. The question is how will they fit. I have problems because I am a 10.5 wide so things get really challenging.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

I wear a 14-15 wide and the G-force shoes aren't bad. They go up to 14 and are wide enough to be comfortable.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I've used G-force for 5 years. There was a sale on the high end Alpine Stars earlier this year and I bought some. I always struggled to get the G-force laced up, the laces are too thick and the holes are too small. The Alpine Stars are like a gift from God, I don't wear myself out trying to get them on and off.

They do seem dainty and fragile, time will tell. The G-force ones are cheap and robust.

I ended getting some black OMP Sport from Amazon size 13 and they actually fit really well. They were prime so I wasn't worried if they didn't. They're not even terrible to walk around in. I've been breaking them in on my sim rig to get a head start. The only thing left is helmet anchors and gloves.

Thanks for all the advice guys.