Topic: R56 mini trouble

So I have this car in my garage. It's a 2010 mini cooper base model stick. It had the apparently common sun roof leak into the interior problem resulting in first the fuel pump not working and later no communication to the ecu. Does anyone have any experience coming back from something like this? The interior is almost completely stripped right now and I have replaced the junction box and am replacing some corroded wiring and I hope that will fix it. I would love to decomputer ot but it seems like one of these semi keyless needs all the computers programmed to the vin type of pain in the a** cars. It has 56000 miles on it and I would love to daily it or throw cage in it for a future Lemons car or what ever.  Please help  or send help or beer or a haltech gift card and someone who is 100% better at wiring.

Captain: Buzzoff Racing Suzuki Esteem (superbee) retired after Oct 19
Bmw 330Ci aka Experimento (mentos colored e46 reformed drift car)
We formerly apologize for _______________ and then _____________ and our driver did not have the line.

Re: R56 mini trouble

Mega/Microsquirt.

That guy

Have you got a CAN dongle? You'll need to work out what the ECU thinks is wrong.

Emyr wrote:

Have you got a CAN dongle? You'll need to work out what the ECU thinks is wrong.

I got a scanner and originally I had a fuel sender circuit b ot something like that so I convinced myself  that the 1/8th of a tank of gas I had parked the car with had evaporated and ruined the pump over the course of a couple of months. So I did a pump and filter. Then back to crank mo start but then no fault codes that I could read. So I ditched the bluetooth scanner and torque app for a better scanner that could send signals and not just read fault codes and reset. With that I had a junction box code which Is when i found the gallons of water that had been laying in the padding below the carpet. I saw some corrosion on some pins and replaced the junction box and tried to clean the wire connectors. Then i had a no communication to the ecu. We chopped out the offending connectors and are in the middle of replacing them. If that doesnt fix it... i will probably do a micro squirt but i am not sure what i am doing at that point. I get confused when i have more than 4 wires. I get electricity and all but when i start working on it i get instantly dumb.

Captain: Buzzoff Racing Suzuki Esteem (superbee) retired after Oct 19
Bmw 330Ci aka Experimento (mentos colored e46 reformed drift car)
We formerly apologize for _______________ and then _____________ and our driver did not have the line.

Footwell module very common

Agree that it's probably the footwell module. Seems like the least of your issues... Seriously, that era Mini blows engines like that's it's job. I don't know what the engineers were thinking. My Raleigh pit bicycle from the 70s has a stouter chain than the Mini timing run. Myself, I try to avoid cars that are BOTH Borgward-level reliable (not very, IOW) and new enough to be seen as Cheaty....

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Where are you located. This can absolutely be fixed but not somthing i would recommend for the home mechanic. We deal with this all the time at German Auto in Phoenix. And I dont think magasquert will run direct injection will it?

Owner/Captain of The 27 Club E46. Phoenix, AZ
and now the #95 Thunderbird