1 (edited by Georgethefierce 2019-08-05 07:56 AM)

Topic: Thompson Wifi for Data

Does anyone know if Thompson has WIFIi that will cover the entire track? We're planning on running data through a tablet without a data plan. Better yet, if any one plans on setting up a monster hot spot, we'd gladly throw you some dough, food, beer, women for access smile

Re: Thompson Wifi for Data

No track that I know if in the north/east region has a wifi network that covers the whole track. And any tracks that do have wifi usually have tiny bandwidth and aren't reliable for massive streaming anyway.

setting up your own network that covers the whole track would be monumentally expensive and complicated. I would just expect that there is no way to do it without cell data or fun with ham radios.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I'll tell you what though. We have a hot spot we run in the saab for video live streaming. I'll give you the network login and if you hang out on our bumper the whole race you're welcome to stream through that.   : P

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

I'll tell you what though. We have a hot spot we run in the saab for video live streaming. I'll give you the network login and if you hang out on our bumper the whole race you're welcome to stream through that.   : P

:high five:!