Topic: Harmon Spark OBD-II Streaming

Has anyone used the Harmon Spark unit for OBD-II streaming while in a Lemons race.   It looks promising but I can't figure out what data is available once it starts OBD-II streaming.

Re: Harmon Spark OBD-II Streaming

We use an PLX KIWI-2 OBD-2 reader that streams to an iPhone in the car running RaceChrono Pro.  There is no live stream with that software back to the pits.   There are options for that with numerous vendors now.  Just takes time and money to set it up.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Thanks.  So far my best solution is Carsita OBD-II Streaming via Bluetooth to an iPhone running TrackAddict and streaming to their Live service.  I like this because you can reverse engineer the live feed and build your own record / display web sites.

It sounds similar to the KIWI-2 - but the KiWi-2 is less about lap times and more about OBD-II data.

What I was hoping for is an OBDII reader that had a 3G or 4G chip in the device that plugs into the OBDII so I could eliminate the need for the iPhone to stream the data. 

The Harmon Spark does have a 4G chip and GPS inside of itself - but I can't figure out where the data goes or how to get my hands on it.

Thanks.

https://www.autosportlabs.com/

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

I saw that company and *could not figure out* if they had a simple Read OBD + Transmit data unit other than their podium unit.

Do you have a particular product you recommend.