Topic: With all the recent threads.....

New cage rules aren't fair, miatas aren't fair, selling off parts isn't fair, $500 isn't $500 isn't fair, etc etc etc

I think some need to go back and re-read the rules:

"2.4: Whiner Eligibility. Whiners are not eligible to compete. If you believe that you might be a whiner, please check with a domestic partner, guardian, or health-care professional before getting the rest of your team kicked the hell out of the race."

Sounds like this isn't the race for a lot of you guys...

Rules change, you adapt and change with them.

Rules seem unfair to you, you find a way to overcome and win.

People seem like cheaters, you let the bossmen worry about it and you figure out how to come up with a better theme or better bribes (or both) and practice your driver changes so as not to lose as many laps...

E30's should all go up in flames...

2 (edited by ecugrad 2009-06-10 09:48 AM)

Re: With all the recent threads.....

Might need to pass these out

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/07/0726_globalbrands/image/70_kleenex.jpg

It does seem like a bunch of High School drama in the last week.  You guys are doing it wrong...

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

ecugrad wrote:

Might need to pass these out

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/07 … leenex.jpg

It does seem like a bunch of High School drama in the last week.  You guys are doing it wrong...

more like these:

http://www.yellowman.dk/images/medium/personlige/n4015400007098_MED.jpg

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

SRSBSNS wrote:

New cage rules aren't fair, miatas aren't fair, selling off parts isn't fair, $500 isn't $500 isn't fair, etc etc etc

I think some need to go back and re-read the rules:

"2.4: Whiner Eligibility. Whiners are not eligible to compete. If you believe that you might be a whiner, please check with a domestic partner, guardian, or health-care professional before getting the rest of your team kicked the hell out of the race."

Sounds like this isn't the race for a lot of you guys...

Rules change, you adapt and change with them.

Rules seem unfair to you, you find a way to overcome and win.

People seem like cheaters, you let the bossmen worry about it and you figure out how to come up with a better theme or better bribes (or both) and practice your driver changes so as not to lose as many laps...

So what what would you like to talk about?  Maybe what color you should paint your car for the next race?  If you don't like the topics, don't participate.  Start your own post.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

Holy crap, does the freedom of speech not mean anything on an open forum?  Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the purpose for forums in the first place.  If you ask me, the whiners are the ones who cannot take it.   Just some active banter back and forth that is making stuff interesting.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/audience/Comedy/MoreCowbell.jpg

So I was trying to figure out where to place my kill switch...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

cpmskinny wrote:

Holy crap, does the freedom of speech not mean anything on an open forum?

Not all speech is protected.  Like yelling fire in a crowded theater, spreading disinformation in internet forums may be considered criminal in the right context.  If you defame someone's character in any forum, electronic or otherwise, you're opening yourself to a lawsuit.

Team Formula BMW
#23 Pink Pig

9 (edited by cpmskinny 2009-06-10 12:48 PM)

Lawsuit huh, what a load of crap.  I hope there was some implied sarcasm in that last post.

Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

Holy crap, who invited the lawyers?!  I believe this category is called "Bench Racing", meaning people sit around and run their mouths and BS about cars and racing.  Like men.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports

When any commenter in a thread mentions freedom of speech and/or the First Amendment, that thread is officially dead.

CaptainRat wrote:

Holy crap, who invited the lawyers?!

I'm pretty sure that kind of lawyer is referred to as a "bench lawyer", a close relative of the "latrine lawyer".

Their advice is generally worth exactly what you pay for it.

I love young forums....

We haven't seen Godwin's Law in action yet, but it's coming.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Learn something new every day... lol at Benford's law of Controversy

MurileeMartin wrote:

You know who else hasn't seen Godwin's Law in action?

MurileeMartin wrote:

How do you know all this stuff?  It's amazing!

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports

cpmskinny wrote:

Lawsuit huh, what a load of crap.  I hope there was some implied sarcasm in that last post.

Yea, I apologize.  I should've been funnier.

I'd just like to say that as much as watching people make asses of themselves is kinda fun, it isn't nearly as much fun as watching their car get crushed.  I guess it's my personal preference, but I'd like to think that's what makes me a gentleman racer.  Crushing people's cars isn't just the rules, it's civilized.

wikipedia wrote:

Godwin has stated that he introduced Godwin's Law in 1990 as an experiment in memetics.

There's a field of memetics?  Wow.

Team Formula BMW
#23 Pink Pig

Boy, those Cheatey O'Cheatstein #2 Pooiata goys are sure going to schutzstaffel-ian lengths to prove their innocence.  I thought only high school kids made up fake user names on forums to try to foment support.  I propose a special penalty for them if the show at a future Lemons event.

The Ilse Koch.

There, are we done now?

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey - Peugeot 505 turbeaux
http://startinggrid.org/

gmatus wrote:
cpmskinny wrote:

Holy crap, does the freedom of speech not mean anything on an open forum?

Not all speech is protected.  Like yelling fire in a crowded theater, spreading disinformation in internet forums may be considered criminal in the right context.  If you defame someone's character in any forum, electronic or otherwise, you're opening yourself to a lawsuit.

Damn, remind me not to invite you to our paddock space.  You're a buzz kill man!

21 (edited by cpmskinny 2009-06-11 03:11 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

When any commenter in a thread mentions freedom of speech and/or the First Amendment, that thread is officially dead.

Right on, I hear you man.  A lawsuit too?  You guys are crazy...

Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

MurileeMartin wrote:

But can quickly be resuscitated by mentioning the Second Amendment!

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/obamarange.png

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

WTF is this guy's problem?

JoeGekko wrote:

She be a woman

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

JoeGekko wrote:

I hope you're not trying to insult one of the honorable judges of the Lemons high court.  Me thinks that would be unwise.....

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports