Topic: Race Monitor Output?

Simple question, if I have a Google Pixel 3, can I output Race Monitor to a larger screen (TV) via a USB-C to HDMI cable?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Re: Race Monitor Output?

unsure what that phone supports for cable output, however you should be able to do this with a chromecast and screen mirroring.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

3 (edited by VKZ24 2019-08-16 11:50 AM)

From a Google search, it seems none of the Pixel devices support video output via USB-C, so no hardwire option for me I guess.  The question is can I screen mirror via Chromecast withOUT a WiFi connection? 

What I'd like to do is see the Race Monitor on a larger (TV) screen on our paddock space at CMP.

Captain

Ronman used to setup a race monitor feed on a largish screen in the black flag area of CMP.  I suspect he was using a laptop and the race monitor website.  The crappy wifi at CMP is likely to blame for it no longer happening.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

5 (edited by VKZ24 2019-08-20 11:36 AM)

From what I'm reading I'll need a second device to use as a WiFi hotspot to make it happen because no WiFi = no Chromecast.  I tested the screen mirror function on my phone with Chromecast and it works just fine with Race Monitor.

Captain

You can also just run it on a PC/Mac. Doesn't even need to be a fancy pc.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

7 (edited by TheEngineer 2019-08-20 02:03 PM)

I read somewhere that you can do screen share on the newer chromecast without a wifi connection, you just connect the device right to the chromecast to establish the connection. I have not tried it, all mine are older ones. But worth looking into if you don't want to carry a laptop around.

Edit: I think you plug in the chromecast, then open the chromecast app on your phone (now google home?) and search for nearby chromecasts. It should pick up the one in range with no wifi connection and let you connect to it and screen share. again, haven't tested, but the internet says it works and the internet has never lied right?

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

Edit: I think you plug in the chromecast, then open the chromecast app on your phone (now google home?) and search for nearby chromecasts. It should pick up the one in range with no wifi connection and let you connect to it and screen share. again, haven't tested, but the internet says it works and the internet has never lied right?

I tried this last night and couldn't get it to work, but I may need to reset the Chromecast first since it's currently associated with my home network.

Captain

Guildenstern wrote:

You can also just run it on a PC/Mac. Doesn't even need to be a fancy pc.

This, that's what we do.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!