Re: Heartland Parked - Entry List

Guildenstern wrote:
tnsmike wrote:

Honestly thought there would be more registered for this race, seems like a great central location...

In the United States, the problem with a Central Location is it's far away for almost everybody.

I’m glad to see this one on the schedule since it’s the closest one to me, all the other races we go to are 10+ hours away! Hopefully this will become a regular event!

OnkelUdo wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:
tnsmike wrote:

Honestly thought there would be more registered for this race, seems like a great central location...

In the United States, the problem with a Central Location is it's far away for almost everybody.

Interest comment that I am guessing did not have the "Coastal Snob" intent it came off as (knowing your history here well).  As mentioned by Brett there is a decently good number of folks to pull from in a less than 4 hour tow radius...expand to 6 and it is HUGE.  Hallett has drawn WRL (and I think Chump) and it is even more remote and rustic.

This track hosts NHRA Nationals...it is not a location issue.  It is developing the brand in the area (Saint Louis, KC, Tulsa, OKC, etc, etc) and convincing Denver teams to actually leave home and Dallas Teams it is worth the drive.

I wish they had one at Hallett since it’s only about 45 minutes from me but Heartland Park was a very welcome sight on the schedule for me being from Tulsa!  Hallett can’t handle a Lemons event though since there is no entry to the pits except across the track, everything is in the infield..

TheTallOne wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

Interest comment that I am guessing did not have the "Coastal Snob" intent it came off as (knowing your history here well).  As mentioned by Brett there is a decently good number of folks to pull from in a less than 4 hour tow radius...expand to 6 and it is HUGE.  Hallett has drawn WRL (and I think Chump) and it is even more remote and rustic.

This track hosts NHRA Nationals...it is not a location issue.  It is developing the brand in the area (Saint Louis, KC, Tulsa, OKC, etc, etc) and convincing Denver teams to actually leave home and Dallas Teams it is worth the drive.

11% here,

Being a new DFW/Houston team, we're making the 7/8 hour drive from Ft Worth (11/12 from Houston for one member, and 5 from Arkansas for an arrive & drive) since this was the next closest race for us after NOLA in March. The only other race nearby is incredibly close to home at MSR, but we would like to do more than 2 races a year, so here we are. Hoping one day another Texas track gets on the schedule

Glad you are making the trip!! Being from Tulsa we are getting used to the 10 housewives to events so I welcome any race that is closer than that to us! It has been a lot of fun going to different tracks for sure.

Hopefully there can be some brand awareness and team building in the central US by adding this race, I talk about Lemons constantly to my friends and customers, they’re all probably tired of hearing it but IDC, it’s one of the best decisions I have ever made, IMO you won’t find a better group of people at any racing event, where else can you go racing, break your car and have multiple “competitors” come over and do anything they can to help get you back on track. I originally started this as an entry point to go on to other racing sanctions but now I honestly have no desire to do anything other than Lemons races, I think they have the secret formula figured out! Just come out, have fun and don’t sweat the small stuff.

29 (edited by Brett85p 2019-08-22 09:07 AM)

As a St Louis based team, at least me and the car I regularly haul 8-14 hours for a race.

We have done Joliet, Gingerman, PittRace, Barber, Road Atlanta, High Plains, NCM, Road America, Houston and Mid Ohio.

You all are spoiled with close racetracks smile

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Joliet is only a bit further to you as Pit is for us, and the Gingerman pull is the same distance for you as us. Yall just bein’ track hounds.

Think about some poor sucker in Montana.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

One thing that should definitely be mentioned for any teams debating making the trek, the track was a lot of fun. Fairly challenging with a good mix of corners. Not a lot of elevation change, but they seemed to use what little they had to hide as many corners as they could, which made things interesting. I had watched some videos of it and thought it might be a little boring but was pleasantly surprised.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

I would agree with that.  Looking at a track map and watching a few youtube videos, the track looked unexciting.  I don't have a lot of track experience either but it was a very fun track.  A good mix of high speed and low speed corners, plenty of passing areas, and very easy on tires.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

VanillaHaze wrote:

One thing that should definitely be mentioned for any teams debating making the trek, the track was a lot of fun. Fairly challenging with a good mix of corners. Not a lot of elevation change, but they seemed to use what little they had to hide as many corners as they could, which made things interesting. I had watched some videos of it and thought it might be a little boring but was pleasantly surprised.

Not to mention that the facilities were excellent and there were no biting bugs that I ran into

TheTallOne wrote:

Not to mention that the facilities were excellent and there were no biting bugs that I ran into

Something(s) nibbled on me... not the worst I've had, but maybe I taste better than you.

Good track, even in the slowest "car."

That guy

My $.68 after taxes impression of Topeka...would tow there again.  This is a distinction for me over would race there again.

HPR...fun track, nice people, basic but clean facilities, test and tune pricing is stupid high, you are 1.2 million miles from anything other than fuel, beef jerky and Bud Light.  Would race there again but not towing my vehicle there again.
Barber...Fun track, great people, best facilities I have seen.  First track I will "recycle" when we run out of reasonable distance destination tracks
Topeka...fun track and I want to get get more dry time on, very good facilities, test and tune was high for the number of hours.  Worth a tow if schedules line up.
CMP...stupid Hurricane...would race there but not towing there again until I have raced there.

Gingerman and Joliet (our home tracks) offer no elevation change but the cost of towing can basically be ignored.  For Joliet we don't even have to bring most of our big spares!  They allow us to run two cars due to the proximity which helps us develop new drivers...something I enjoy.

Hope to see Topeka there next year and hope we see more like 60 teams.