Topic: Fall Gingerman Fund Raiser...Valve Cover Racing and Show!

Fall Gingerman attendees,

We are going to attempt another off kilter fundraiser during the fall Gingerman race this year. This October we at RBR are teaming up with Bad Company to attempt to bring you Valve/Rocker cover Racing and Show. The Idea is to get teams to build and enter a custom Factory/Aftermarket Valve Cover for either the Race and or the Show. Each event will have an entry fee (we are raising money here). voting at the car show will be done via monetary votes, with the Cover raising the most dollars at the end of the event becoming the winner. The Racing will be single elimination style with one winner at the end. Winners for Both will receive a trophy. All monies raised will be donated to the Charity at the fall Gingerman race.

Below are the rules/guidelines:

Rules and Regulations:

For Racing and Car Show
•         Valve/Rocker Cover must be from production passenger car or truck.
•         30” max overall length...No Minimum
•         Over all width including wheels 14”... No Minimum
•         Wheel base 24” ...No Minimum
•         Wheel Diameter max 8”... No Minimum
•         Weight 10lbs max
•         Race will be Bracket style
•         Single elimination

•         $5 entry for Race(for Charity)

•         Race track will be 3’ high and 24’ overall length.
•         Cars are powered by gravity, no power adders!
•         First one to cross finish line wins
•         Cars crossing center line are disqualified

Custom Car show: Custom Valve/Rocker cover show. No Hot wheels this time.

•         $5 Entry for Show(for Charity)
•         Does not need to enter the race
•         Everyone will have a chance to vote, each vote $1
•         Whichever car raises the most Money for Charity will win.

All proceeds will go the Charity Present at the October race.

I will also get this info on the FB pages as well.

Any questions please E-mail me at Stangman4ever@gmail.com

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

Re: Fall Gingerman Fund Raiser...Valve Cover Racing and Show!

I'll be there. Lets see what I can whip up by then.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

"Cars crossing center line are disqualified"

What.... so no barrier to divide the lanes?  Its not like we can actually steer these things, ya know.

Bad Mojo Racing
1971 Opel GT "Breadvan"
2012 - April Gingerman (Ercole Spada Award) and October AutoBahn (19th in Class B, 52nd OA )
2013 - April Gingerman (8th in Class B, 25th OA) and June AutoBahn (WINNER Class B, 9th OA)

Mine will probably smoke like a chimney and blow the gaskets 12 feet down the track.

meistro wrote:

Mine will probably smoke like a chimney and blow the gaskets 12 feet down the track.

Perfect!

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

6 (edited by phyveaux 2019-09-24 07:00 AM)

What does “No Hot wheels this time” mean?

My daughter and I are prepping an entry for the “car show”

Suggestion — maybe cross post in the “crappy race” forum also?

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

phyveaux wrote:

What does “No Hot wheels this time” mean?

My daughter and I are prepping an entry for the “car show”

Suggestion — maybe cross post in the “crappy race” forum also?

We are doing Valve Covers at this race. the Idea is to have something Different at each of our Midwest Races. Please feel free to Finish the Hot wheels and show it though.

Bump/Remainder

We are getting close to the fall race!!!!!

Everyone is looking forward to this new Fundraiser along with everyone at RBR!

we have had a few hiccups along the way getting things completed and ready and the promotion of the event as well.

The plan as of right now is to the Race and show on Saturday evening sometime after the track goes cold(probably and hour after) I am going to try and secure an area beside the timing tower to set up the track and tables.(ill need about an hour after the track goes cold)

If anyone could lend an extra table to set cars on that would be great. any volunteers would be great as well to help keep things moving and scoring the finish line.

we are still a go! hope to see a huge turnout!