Topic: Lemons Rally Veteran - 1989 Sterling 827 SLi $1200 Raleigh, NC

Up for sale is my Sterling 827 SLi.  Selling to focus on my Lemons race car and possibly buy another Lemons Rally candidate (I can't do another rally with this beauty, too easy, feels like cheating). I bought this car at auction for the May 2019 FLORIDA MAN Lemons Rally. It completed the 2000+ miles and won Organizer's Choice. We had zero breakdowns during the rally.

The car has a salvage NC title because it was hit in the rear and the taillights were shattered. I replaced them with universal LED lights that work great. Car is registered and I will sign over clear NC salvage title to new buyer.

Joint project between Honda and Rover. Many of the parts including the engine (C27A) and transmission are from the first gen Honda/Acura Legend. 2.7 liter V6 with 168hp and 5 speed manual.

• New Battery w/ warranty until Jan 2020 (Walmart)
• New front ceramic brake pads
• Tune up including new spark plugs, wires, cap/rotor, fuel filter, air filter and valve cover gaskets
• Coolant flushed with new expansion tank
• Power steering system flushed with Genuine Honda PS fluid
• Fresh motor, trans oil and Bosch filter before rally
• Tow hitch installed by previous owner
• Matching Michelin Pilot Sport Cu….just kidding, General tires, all less than 4 years old good tread
• AC doesn't work, I charged it but compressor is seized
• Vinyl stripes are removable, some rust on rear wheel arches that was treated with rust converter prior to painting
• Starts up, you can drive home or back to the Florida Keys

Car has 249,000 miles. I've driven it about 3000 miles and only had to add 1 liter of oil.  Would be fun to cage and race but I already have a 300zx 90% ready to race.

Asking $1200 (will consider cash offers IN PERSON) Will consider trades for tow dolly or Z31 parts car. Also need non-expired race belts, fire suppression system will take as partial trade.  Car is located 20 minutes south of Raleigh, NC

Pictures here:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/DfVvEsFugUEMK48T6

Re: Lemons Rally Veteran - 1989 Sterling 827 SLi $1200 Raleigh, NC

Why don’t you turn this into your Lemons car?

Re: Lemons Rally Veteran - 1989 Sterling 827 SLi $1200 Raleigh, NC

Wow, I've just learned about a new to me auto marque!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_(marque)